Yesterday was Eli's first day of preschool. Here it goes. It all starts here. I'm never just going to have him all to myself again. I'll always have to share him with school. That is a little sad but it is exciting to see the little man growing up and doing what all little guys do. Here he is right before we left for school. Of course, little sister is at his side.
This month they will be learning how Jesus is their "beary" best friend as well as learning their shapes and colors. Every Tuesday he gets to bring something in for show and tell....we might have a hard time remembering that one! His teacher also sent home Scholastic book order forms! Oh the nostalgia! That brought me back! I loved those book order forms. I remember them so well from Elementary school. Greg doesn't remember them at all but I suppose he wasn't as excited about books as I was. I was always a big reader. They get to do some fun things throughout the year: picnics in the park, a Christmas pageant, a day to honor their Fathers and a Mother's Day tea. Oh, and a trip to a local pumpkin patch next month, oh and pajama day! As sad as it is for him to start school it is also fun to be a part of these little experiences that I remember so fondly from elementary school. He was a little nervous at first but ended up doing great. He told me in the car that he "guessed I was right" that preschool was fun. Well, Mom is always right, isn't she.





7 comments:
Soooooo cute.....I'm happy for all that it went so well. Addison looks like she is ready for school too. I'm sorry that he is sick today. Hugs Namma
What a cutie! I am so glad he had a good day. I love that he said you were right! :)
Yay Eli, I'm so proud of you! What a big kid he is now and I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday...sob.
so glad you guys had a good day!
Want a hint for show and tell? Keep a secret stash of cool stuff in your car. If you're lucky, he'll take the bait on those forgetful days!
Wow, so grown up already! I'm so glad it went so well and so glad he knows that you are right!!!
Enjoyed the info on Elias,Eli....now that we have our 2nd grandson with the same name I'm wondering if he too will always be called Eli. Either way, we love his name!! Smart teacher to immediately change his name tag! Hard to believe you are entering into the "school years" with Eli. I hope that you will embrace all of the moms as they are probably looking for someone just like yourself to be their friend.
Loving FALL in AK, Shirley
Post a Comment