PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 17

It's a.......

B-O-Y!

I don't feel surprised because I really felt the little one was of the male variety but it is so good to know for sure! We got back from Maui Monday and drove home from Seattle yesterday just beating the horrendous weather. My dear friend Laura went with the kids and I to the ultrasound this morning since Greg was just returning to work today. The baby was so still -probably sleeping- despite the two chocolate truffles I ate in the parking garage! It wasn't till the ultrasound tech was almost done that she was able to see "the part". She switched to 3-D pictures a little bit at the end and I was able to see a cute nose and mouth!

I met with my doctor after the ultrasound and he said the baby looks fine but I have a blood clot on my placenta. He said it would probably be fine - either going away on it's own or shrinking. The worry is that it would grow and cause the placenta to separate early and cut off the baby's nourishment. He didn't seem to think that was likely but we will do ultrasounds every month to monitor it. I'm not too worried yet, we will see if anything changes with the next ultrasound. Just another reason to pray right?

I have a zillion Maui pictures to go through and will do a post soon about our wonderful trip! We had such a wonderful time but had to come back to horrible winter weather. Makes it feel more like Christmas I guess!

5 comments:

stephanie h said...

Congratulations!!! That is soo exciting. When is your due date and have you picked out any names for the little guy?

Can't wait to see pics and hear about your trip. :)

Cottage Mommy said...

Thanks Stephanie - my due date is technically May 15th but I will have a scheduled c-section and they do those at least a week early. I am hoping to not have any problems with the blood clot on my placenta - if I do and my placenta separates from my uterus I may have the baby even earlier! Don't want that! I am loving the name Quinn but it is not set in stone. Greg still needs to be convinced!

stephanie h said...

I love the name Quinn and I will keep y'all in my prayers.

Jeff and I totally don't have the same taste in names either. So my fingers are crossed for you there, I can totally relate. :)

Please keep me updated!

Chelle said...

Oh yay! You are having a boy! But of course you already knew that! So happy for you and here's to hoping you are able to talk your hubs into Quinn because it is such a very gorgeous name of the male variety!

Laura J. said...

I am glad I had the chance to share in your moment and I am excited for you to have another baby. I am living vicariously through you since I want to be pregnant but really don't at the same time. Love ya!