PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 2

Names, anyone.....?

This is a new year and in only four short months a new little one will be added to our family. With our first, Eli, we had a chosen boy name and a chosen girl name before we were even pregnant. There was no discussion, no debate. Easy peasy. Eli's full name is Elias by the way. Named after a few men in Greg's family but especially after his cousin Eli who forever has a special place in our hearts. With our second, Addison, we did have to make lists and discuss but we happily agreed long before she was born. This new babe is our last and we recently confirmed that the babe is of the boy variety. Now on to the name discussions.

My sister and I liked the name Quinn when I was pregnant with Addison. Both Greg and my brother-in-law Ian did not like it at all. The name has stuck with me and I feel pretty settled with it. The problem is that Greg is not in love with it. I feel like I need to exhaust all other boy names in order to be fair before we settle. So....that is where all of you come in. Any suggestions, send them my way! I would love to find something that "goes" with Elias and Addison if you know what I mean. No Joeys or Bobs around here! I tend to be attracted to Irish names even though there is no Irish in either of our families! I guess people don't stick too much to their own ethnic backgrounds anymore when naming do they? Anyway, I would love any suggestions you would have...I get a little tired of looking at baby name books and lists on the Web! Thanks!

21 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm with you on Quinn or as Eli says....Quinney......thanks for the nice New Years...so happy to have made it......phew...this darn snow! Hugs..Namma

Anonymous said...

We have the same problem with boy names! If our little adopted baby turns out to be male after all we are in serious trouble.

But some interesting boy names I have heard:

Seamus (shay-mus)
Christie (yep, boy or surname in Ireland)
Brendan
Aiden

Which I am sure you have read if you looked at Irish Boy Names on a website!

Anyway, Happy New Year. :)

Nicoly said...

As I've already told you, I like Finn! I also like Evan, Rylan and Camden.

Sharon said...

I like Camden as well.....

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

Mmmmmmm, Evan is nice, goes well with the other kid's names. Maybe Ryan? Reid? Gavin, Caven, Davin? Good luck and congrats on another boy!

Laura J. said...

I like Camden, Rylan and Quinn. I also like Landon and Jackson. If you like Irish names how about Ireland or Teague. I sometimes like city names as first names and random presidents last names as first names like London and Reagan. Am I weird?

Cottage Mommy said...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was in nursery with Addison today and was checking out all of the little boy name tags to see if there were any good names....I like Sam. I also like Saywer. Am I spelling that right? Like Tom Saywer. Is that right?

Cottage Mommy said...

Okay, I googled it. I like Sawyer, not Saywer. :)

Nicoly said...

I like Sam too! Niki actually suggested Sawyer in honor of Lost (because I KNOW that makes a big difference to you if your kid is named after a character in Lost). She was joking of course, but not about the name. Sawyer would be cute..Eli, Addison and Sawyer. I have to admit though, the spelling looks wrong either way - it's just a weird spelling.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I do like Sawyer and I thought of Ireland too except I always associate that with a girls name because of the Baldwin daughter. I love Teague!! That is a great name! Laura, we are soul sisters because I love names of cities, etc. for first names and names like Reagan. Love it! I like Quinn and I like Finn, Fynn, Flynn...groovy. Colin, Desmond(oh i can't get away from LOST), I also like Evan, Irving (then you could have a,e, and i). Okay, I give up! I'm sure you will figure it out!!! He'll be amazing any way you choose!

Lisa said...

gosh names are tough! but you have some great ideas on here and I am sure you will pick the perfect one for your little man.....

stephanie h said...

Sounds like you have a good list so far!

I like. . .
Logan
Riley
Nolan
Cayson
Max
Galen
Connor
Tristan
Liam

Just to name a few. :)

Victor Andres said...

OK here's Papa's response. I like "Logan" but the rest are a little out there.

have a lovely said...

oh boy its a boy! {I am so behind on my blogging friends!}

So excited for you on the upcoming arrival of a healthy little gent!!

...so sorry that I didn't explain my project very well! :) I did start with the bottle brush trees that you buy at michaels, hobby lobby, joanne's, etc. ...most people use them in their Christmas village scenes I think. they look just like the finished ones, but are a hunter green. I hope that helps...they are lots of fun. please don't hesitate to let me know if you have more questions!!

Anonymous said...

I was just saw the name Quincey/Quincy in a flyer and thought of you. I like the name Quin/Quinn but LOVE the name Quincy so maybe he would go for something like that.
Years ago my son had a friend named Quinn and it was very nice. It is rare that you meet another one.
Good luck and Congrats!

Aminta said...

Hey Courtney! It has been forever! How are you feeling?? I love some of the names other suggested, Sam and Sawyer are faves.
What about:
Joram (Jorem) or Taven?

Cottage Mommy said...

We are currently leaning toward Sam now. Probably would name him Samuel but call him Sam. I still like Quinn but Greg likes Sam better and I can certainly compromise! I think Eli and Sam sounds cute. We'll see! I've missed your posts Aminta...good to hear from you!

Nicoly said...

Yes, yes, SAM!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica Henson Cagley said...

Hi Courtney and Greg! I really, really love the boy name *Jonas* and a friend of mine has already used it so I figured I should pass it on to other people who don't know her. It was wonderful to see you all over Christmas!

Diane said...

I'm new here, but it's just so darn fun to talk about baby names! I've always loved Samuel... Sam. Best wishes!

Leslie said...

ohhh I really like Quinn...

but I also liked Camden and Reid some really good suggestions, but I like stuff slightly different too.