PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 22

The Lake Cabin Project revisited.....

So this past weekend we headed up to the cabin armed with a few things to update the place. My parents met us up there and in about twenty four hours we were able to do a little shopping in town, catch up with my Mom's cousin from Canada, the boys had a little beach time and my Mom and I added a few new touches to the place. Next week loads of family head up there for a work party....hope they enjoy it!



I added a few framed maps of the area to the staircase.


I took a table I had in my basement and spray painted it in a nice green. The brown containers on the bottom hold the movies.


We lost out on the leather couches from Craigslist so for now I got furniture throws and a few pillows to help the couch and chairs out in the looks department. Also added a new side table, lamp and framed pictures. I was going to fill all of these frames with family lake pics but I didn't have time so two of them are filled with the IKEA shots they came with.


We took out this big bookshelf which leaned crazily into the wall and collected lots of junk and replaced it with an old bookshelf we had sitting in our storage area. I spray painted this as well. I added a lamp and a framed map of the lake. The frame was a garage sale find. I also added a shadow box I had never used with a picture of "Welcome to the H******" written in the sand and some rocks found at a beach on the lake.


My father in law brought this new table and chairs up we found on Craigslist the day before we got there. Therefore no before picture of the old table and chairs. The old table was surrounded by pink and white plastic outdoor chairs if that gives you any idea! It turned out that the new chairs were the exact same style as the barstools we already had. Notice the terrible mint green vertical blinds....everyone wants to get rid of them. It just hasn't happened yet. I also didn't get a good picture of the corner chair. It is behind Quinn's car seat in the first photo. It is a very old pullout bed chair. My father in law told me it had blood stains on it. So so gross. I covered that with a blanket and brought in a new side table and lamp. I also added a few framed lake pictures to this corner.


I brought up a chalkboard I made last summer for this corner of the cabin. Also added the photos I wasn't able to get framed to it. We swapped out tables and cleared up some clutter and added a lamp.


I didn't do much in the kitchen and entryway areas. I added a few framed photos over the fridge and replace the old clock over the stove with a new one. I added the metal sign and "Welcome to the Lake" sign in the entryway.



Well, got that out of my system. At least for now. We still have the furniture to replace...and the blinds...and the bedrooms...and the bathrooms....

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I have to say that the cabin looks 110% better.....having been there and seeing it BEFORE and AFTER. You did a miracle! I can't imagine that it won't be appreciated and enjoyed. You did put a lamp, two nice blue and green hand towels and a geen rug in the bathroom. Hugs, Mum

Nicoly said...

Niiiiiiice!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Looks great!! I love before and after decor pics. :)

Lisa said...

what a transformation, amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

I love chekcing out your blog! It makes me feel a bit closer to your gorgeous family. The kids love looking at Quinn's pictures you sent. Emma wants to know all about Eli and keeps telling me that she wants to meet him. How could we do that?

Missing you so,

Sarah

Chantel Monet said...

Hello sweet Courtney! How nice of you to reach out to me! I have loved reading your blog and am excited that we live so close to one another! I think a coffee (or sweet tea?) date is in order! It would be wonderful to meet with you and Andi both. Let me know when you are free!