I was able to attend my first but the team's second group training on Saturday morning. We met at 9:00 which is completely doable. However, every month they bump it a half an hour earlier so that we end up training at 7:00 in the morning. That will be hard.
We met downtown and ran along the river through the park. It was really my first time running or rather run/walking outside. I have been putting most of my time in on the treadmill. I really enjoyed it as the time went by so much faster and there was fresh air to breath and pretty scenery to look at!
I got some great tips from one of my coaches while I was running as well. As you know, I know nothing about running. At least the correct way to run. My coach, who is fantastically cheerful and wears two pigtails and kneehighs, told me I needed to be taking shorter strides and landing a little differently on my feet. What a difference that made! Instead of plodding along like an elephant with every smack of my feet sounding like thunder, I am now able to run a little lighter! I immediately felt the difference in my calves though and two days later I still feel the difference. I am so very sore!
I was also able to replace my old cross trainers for new running shoes this weekend. We went to a great running store where they fit you for just the right shoes. I tried on maybe four or five and with each one went running up and down their sidewalk to see what would work the best. The shoes I ended up with were not the prettiest I tried on but the salespeople kept reminding my friend Amy and I that it was not about the fashion...that was hard. We both got "ugly" shoes.
I am excited to train in my new shoes though - I know they will make a huge difference for me!

I also discovered this nail polish the other day...O.P.I. called Purple with a Purpose! How perfect is that! I am so not a purple person but I am wearing this polish on my toes for the next five months as a reminder of why I am training! I excitedly showed my coach my polish this weekend and she told me she was wearing the exact same color!
My friend Amy and I took our rest day yesterday instead of today and loaded up on Super Bowl grub! We will hit the gym later today and get back on track!
Thanks again for your ongoing support! If you want to visit my Team In Training website to learn more about this amazing organization and the important cause it supports or if you want to donate to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, click the button on the top right of my blog!
We met downtown and ran along the river through the park. It was really my first time running or rather run/walking outside. I have been putting most of my time in on the treadmill. I really enjoyed it as the time went by so much faster and there was fresh air to breath and pretty scenery to look at!
I got some great tips from one of my coaches while I was running as well. As you know, I know nothing about running. At least the correct way to run. My coach, who is fantastically cheerful and wears two pigtails and kneehighs, told me I needed to be taking shorter strides and landing a little differently on my feet. What a difference that made! Instead of plodding along like an elephant with every smack of my feet sounding like thunder, I am now able to run a little lighter! I immediately felt the difference in my calves though and two days later I still feel the difference. I am so very sore!
I was also able to replace my old cross trainers for new running shoes this weekend. We went to a great running store where they fit you for just the right shoes. I tried on maybe four or five and with each one went running up and down their sidewalk to see what would work the best. The shoes I ended up with were not the prettiest I tried on but the salespeople kept reminding my friend Amy and I that it was not about the fashion...that was hard. We both got "ugly" shoes.
I am excited to train in my new shoes though - I know they will make a huge difference for me!
I also discovered this nail polish the other day...O.P.I. called Purple with a Purpose! How perfect is that! I am so not a purple person but I am wearing this polish on my toes for the next five months as a reminder of why I am training! I excitedly showed my coach my polish this weekend and she told me she was wearing the exact same color!
My friend Amy and I took our rest day yesterday instead of today and loaded up on Super Bowl grub! We will hit the gym later today and get back on track!
Thanks again for your ongoing support! If you want to visit my Team In Training website to learn more about this amazing organization and the important cause it supports or if you want to donate to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, click the button on the top right of my blog!





7 comments:
So thrilled that you are doing this! You inspire me so much! And I can't tell you how much it meant to me to find such a special suprise on my doorstep after such a rough day. You are so thoughtful! I absolutely adore you, my sweet friend!
Such purdy toes...can't wait to paint mine the same color! Also, your shoes look cute enough to me...can't wait to train with you!
Wow
! You are amazing. I am proud of you, because I know how hard it is to start anything new. I love running. But my body hates me when I do. I twisted this darned ankle just after I decided to train. I give it a week break and do other exercises and then use my eliptical until it has healed. Any suggestions?
You amaze me! And I so wish I were closer! I would do this with you!
I miss you Courtney!
Xo's Minta
A. Your feet are so pretty!
B. You are awesome.
C. What shoes did you end up getting?
D. I have to organize my thoughts or I loose them. :)
The purple toes do make me laugh, Courtney. One of the lovely things that happens to many long distance runners is purple toes, but not from toe nail polish. I hope your toes (and nails) stay beautiful (and intact) for your entire journey! Love the shoes.
SCA
It was really fun meeting you on Monday. You are so inspirational with the running. I really want to do a marathon someday- I'm very intimidated though! I like the shoes I think they look good- but I definitely know what you mean about not buying the cute ones! I love the frames, I think they would make awesome chalkboards. I wish you all the best in your upcoming endeavors ~I'm sure you'll have success!
So excited to see you soon!
I am looking forward to having so much time with you to get to know you. That evening was lovely, but not nearly enough time spent.
Loves to you dear!! And see you in just over a week.
Minta
Post a Comment