Moving on to our second little bundle.....until last night she was in a crib. She turned three in February and a few months ago Daddy helpfully taught her how to climb in and out of her crib. Bring on super Grandma and potty training success a few weeks ago and the crib was looking like it was really, really on it's way out. Bring on a hot pink cast and a little girl with a fractured arm from climbing into her crib and you've got some motivated parents!
Here are some shots of the little darlings newly minted bedroom...full of Eastery colors too!
I was so excited when I found this old double bed on craigslist....for a measly $20! It just had a worn natural wood finish so I scooped up some Martha Stewart paint samples at Home Depot and it is transformed!
The quilt top is old and is a dresden plate pattern. I found this on ebay and am going to finish quilting it. I found some sweet white fabric with teeny tiny green polka dots to put on the back of the quilt. I also made the three pillow cases with vintage reproduction fabric that matches the era of the quilt fabric. The sheets were just basic white and I sewed on some little yellow ric rac.
I have to say I am a little infatuated with this sweet room...I'd kind of like to sleep there myself. It doesn't help that this is the only clean room in the house. We swapped our old room with Addison and moved upstairs to our former guest room. The house is in serious disarray and with an open house next Saturday I am more than a little bit freaking out. I'll just go in this room and peace out for a bit...


And a Happy Easter to you too!
Here are some shots of the little darlings newly minted bedroom...full of Eastery colors too!
I have to say I am a little infatuated with this sweet room...I'd kind of like to sleep there myself. It doesn't help that this is the only clean room in the house. We swapped our old room with Addison and moved upstairs to our former guest room. The house is in serious disarray and with an open house next Saturday I am more than a little bit freaking out. I'll just go in this room and peace out for a bit...
And a Happy Easter to you too!





18 comments:
Courtney - you have such a gift! This room is fantastic. Truly - I love it!
What a beautiful room! I'm with you, I wanna hang out in there. You did a great job, thanks for sharing your inspiration.
Very cute! We are looking to redo the boys' room in the near future. My almost 3 year old is still in his crib, so I think I'll copy you and renovate their room when I move him to a big boy bed.
Her room is TOO cute! I would want to stay in there too. Very pretty and peaceful. I am sure that your little girl will love it!
Happy Easter,
Joyce
this is the most delicious thing EVER... seriously Courtney Wendi is right you do have a gift.. so so much..
Ry is still in a crib and now the cast thing has me freaked out...
we took the rail off for the first time 5 minutes ago..
we will see how tonight goes.
seriously Adison may never leave that sweet room, and we pray every day for a buyer for your home.. just so you know.
L
I had a hard time reading any maore after the words hot pink cast...that made my heart lurch for you. But then the room...the room is so perfect in every detail. I can see why you would want to stay in it yourself. Praying for a buyer, too. For miracles in every way you need them. xo
Beautiful Courtney! Love the colors and how you created everything uniquely from various inexpensive sources. You are amazing!
Great work and healing prayers for Miss A.
OH MY, this is one sweet room! That was clever of you to move into the guest room, it will show off all three bedrooms well, but boy that's a lot of work! I'm loving Addison's bed so much! What a great find! Hope her arm heals quickly and that you are staying afloat with all that's keeping you busy!
XOXO
So sad about the broken arm and missed you terribly this weekend but so glad you were able to use the time to do the room change. It's beautiful, of course...everything you touch turns to quaint cuteness! Peyton did keep asking if Addi's arm was better enough and if she would be able to come play easter with him...so cute. We love her!
The room turned out fabulous! Such a sweet room for a little girl, and you've given me a few ideas for my own little three old girl's room!
I love it! Can't wait to see it in person soon! You will have to help me this summer when I turn the guest room into the babies room.
That bed was an awesome find! I love this room, it's beautiful!
Oh Courtney, will you please come furnish and decorate my house?! I love your style, and Addison's room is the sort of place that would have made my three-year-old heart sing! (It would have continued making my heart sing right up to the present and probably into the future, and I'm considerably past three years old.) I love the chandelier, the wainscoting, the trays on the wall, and the framed chalkboard--how did you do that? I've been trying to convince Mike that we need a little bit of chalkboard paint in our house, and he is not liking that idea at all. I think I could pull off a chalkboard like yours, though.
Oh so LOVELY! Seriously, seriously lovely!
I missed this post,and so sad that I did. But so glad I found it. You give me much inspiration for Faiths room. Hers will not be so sweet... but will be darling a bit grown-up-ish. :( Sad how quickly this goes. I ADORE Teh rickrack on the sheets, well, I adore it all. But you, my friend, are such an inspiration to me. With all of your pretty ideas and the fact that you acually DO your ideas. lol So amazing (you are!)!!
Miss you sweet friend.
Loves, Aminta
This room is adorable! I'm sure he was one happy camper.
I can't even believe how beautifully this turned out! That quilt! The robbin's egg blue headboard! Her cute name banner. Everything is perfect for a sweet lil girl. Happy 3rd!
I love, love, love Addison's room! I wish I would put that time into my kids rooms... Alas, I do have some artwork and they could be much worse- but maybe someday when you come to visit you can help me out... :)
Post a Comment