PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 8

{the simple things}

We've had some blissfully sunny days around here lately. 

Days that hint of Spring and Summer just around the corner.

I've taken a few moments here and there to really interact with my kids outside.

Pushing them on the swing.

Chasing them around the yard...being the "mommy monster".

Lounging in the hammock letting the sun warm our faces.

Looking up at the airplanes as they fly over head.

The simple stuff.

Stuff I don't do with them nearly enough.

One of my favorite things in the whole world I think - is watching the absolute joy on my kids faces as I push them on their swings. 

And I don't even think it's just the swinging for them. 

I think it's because I'm with them, looking into their eyes - in the moment with them. 

How come I forget how good that is?

Hope your weekend is full of the simple joys in life!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SWEET........Looking forward to seeing all of you in a week..

Leslie said...

oh swings.. and eye contact and pure glee. Its a good good thing....

its cold here tonight.. did you steal our spring?

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

What a sweet post. Your children are adorable and they look like they are having so much fun. I am new to your blog. So glad I found it!

Danielle said...

Thank you so much for your donation to our fundraiser! You have deeply blessed us:) God bless!

p.s. I love that song "home":) It's one of my favorites.