So here is an unedited photo of me from a few weeks ago to let you see how I am doing as I approach what I am calling almost middle age.
I am starting to get busy, busy, busy planning a big joint birthday party for the hubs and I.
You see we both turn 35 in just a few weeks.
Our birthdays are a measly six days apart.
My birthday comes first so I am the older woman. But he is technically older than I am.
Confused?
I was born two months early.
I really should have been two months younger than him.
Still confused?
That's okay.
We usually don't do much for our birthdays...
I mean really, once you pass 21 birthdays are a little bit of a letdown.
But 35 has a nice sound to it. I thought it sounded like a good number to celebrate.
After this, it's all down hill to 40.
Gulp.
So since I've been spending too much time on Pintrest my mind is full of all sorts of pretty ideas for the backyard party I'm planning.
Lots of twinkling lights, the fire pit flickering softly (not bursting forth with big scary fireballs which is what it has been doing lately), candles in mason jars artistically arranged around the yard, soft vintage quilts and pillows out for comfort and warmth, vintage tablecloths spread over the tables with mismatched wooden chairs to sit on.
Get the picture? I'm living a Pinterest dream.
Oh and food?
Yes, there will be food. Thanks only to my Mom and Sister who are again coming in to save the day.
Here are some favorite inspiration photos I've found on Pinterest.....
Enjoy feasting your eyes on these! I'm really excited to see if I can pull off anything half this pretty...





5 comments:
You will do it and it will be even prettier.....miss you...HUGS, MUM
is there any question if you can... never.
You style everything beautifully. Everything.
You are so beautiful, Court!
I have been day-dreaming about your pretty backyard party ever since I heard you were going to have it. It is sure to be enchanting because everything you touch turns to magic.
I know your party will be even prettier than these photos (though they are magical), because everything you do is GORGEOUS!
And how dare you call yourself almost middle aged?!! That is really unacceptable! You are SUCH a spring chicken! Especially compared to the people I spend most of my days with. But let's not talk about my husband. Comparing his age to anyone else's is kind of a downer because he's so dang youthful.
Sounds like your party is going to be awesome and super fun!
Post a Comment