PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, October 26

Just another reason I hate Halloween.


Besides the fact that I'm just not into all the scary stuff that goes with Halloween, I HATE that people use it as liscense to do mean, stupid and really - illegal things. What is this I'm ranting about you might ask? Someone stole my pumpkins right off my front porch and smashed one in my driveway and one in my street. In the middle of the evening - with house lights blazing - and a car out front! Not like my pumpkins are so precious to me (although I did spend money on them and they were on MY property). I guess it really bothers me that some punk was right outside my front door (my new door with windows in it that kind of freaks me out anyway) while I was in my living room alone with the kids.

Okay, so I wrote this earlier today and I am a little more over it now...sorry for the rant.

I am in love with my new car. I created reasons to go out and drive it today. When Greg got home we took it to his parents to show them. The kids fell asleep and it was dark and cozy and we were listening to great music....I wanted him to keep driving. I think I like it too because right now it is clean and my house is not. I am going to be gracious and let Greg take it tomorrow morning too (he has this class he is taking for work one Friday and Saturday a month). I'm sure I won't get my act together to leave the house tomorrow morning anyway and having it sit in the driveway would just be selfish! So I am really thankful for our new car.

My blogs are not going to be very exciting for awhile since my camera is broken. I don't know about any of the few that might read this but I prefer blogs with a lot of pictures. And since I am not the greatest writer out there I think my blog needs pictures.

I saw this idea on a great blog I love to read and I am going to copy her. She listed five things she could do well and five she couldn't do well. Kind of fun...join me!

Five things I think I do well...

1. Clean - (Mom don't laugh) My house doesn't normally reflect this but my Mom really taught me how to clean well. When I clean I do a good job. I comet my sinks and dust very well amongst other things (this was once an argument between my husband and I when we were dating - he didn't see the point in dusting the living room when my kitchen was a mess).

2. Tweeze - Yes, I know this is strange but I have certain people in my life whose brows I tweeze. I have also been known to tweeze between my husband's brows a time or two.

3. Paint - I have painted late at night, in my ninth month of pregnancy, while watching two kids...you get the picture. I paint walls, furniture, stairs, ceilings. I think I might be a little compulsive but I think I'm good at painting.

Shoot, this is harder then I thought.

4. Worry - Yeah, I know this isn't one to aspire to or be proud of and we know what God says about it. It is hard to think of five good things I'm good at though. I've moved on to the bad things I'm good at. Anyway, been a worrywart my entire life.

5. Reading fast - This is a really useful talent, especially when you have the problem of not being able to put down a book until it is finished or if you have two children under the age of four.

Five things I don't do well....

1. Laundry - If I didn't include this I know my Mom would comment. It is her personal mission to catch me up on my laundry every time she visits.

2. Feeding my family balanced and healthy meals - I am not a born cook. My gene pool is full of fantastic, creative, gourmet cooks but something happened with me...

3. Keeping my house clean - I know this seems to contradict #1 in my "do good" list but believe me - it is possible!

4. Drive in big cities - I am getting better with this one. When I first moved to the medium sized city I live in now the freeways flipped me out. Now I am just fine. I still won't drive in the really big city my sissy lives in though. Never have and don't know if I ever will.

5. Sports - I think this stems from two facts. I am one of the least competitive people I know and I hate exercise. Enough said.

I think this posting is long enough but that was kind of fun!

6 comments:

Gateway School and Learning Center said...

Great news on the car. What kind did you get? Your mom is an awesome cleaner.

Cottage Mommy said...

We got a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. I have never been an American car gal but we got some great features for the money. I think it is so pretty and I'm so excited to drive it! Fun, Fun!

Anonymous said...

Your story reminded me of the nasty little 'tricks' that we used to do around Halloween......writing on 'unsuspecting folks' windows with wax.....bad bad bad.....we didn't have T.V......poor excuse for doing pranks...:-( I LOVE your family pics.....gorgeous!

Brittany said...

How awful that someone stole & destroyed your pumpkins!! I too do not care for Halloween so that would just add to it if I actually went to the trouble to decorate for it and then that kind of thing happened!!

Congrats on the new car! Love your blog!!
Brittany

Nicoly said...

I don't know why you don't think you're a good writer...you're writing cracks me up! Maybe that's because I'm your sissy and think you're funny anyway or that I know all the stuff you write is too true! Can't wait for you to roll up to my "big city" home in your new car digs! Sorry about the pumpkins - if some punk trashed my Roloff Farms pumpkin I'd be sad too! Love you!

Anonymous said...

You really need to put on there "making my house amazingly cute, comfy, Martha Stewart, darling, cottagey, homey" for things you are good at!! I love your house!!!