Yes, it is a sad but inevitable fact. Little boys grow up. Mine is hardly grown, four just next month but he is blossoming (to use kind of a girly word) and growing into a little boy that is ready to go out into the world. Well, the preschool world that is.
On Wednesday I will hurry my non-morning behind bright and early to the preschool to register Eli for next fall. I'm actually pretty excited because just a few months ago the thought of having to search for a preschool to enroll my very shy little boy in was terrifying. He has really come out of his shell in the last couple of months though. He now loves going to Adventureland (the nursery at our church). He used to beg and plead with us not to take him and throw screaming fits if we tried to drag him. He has been loving playing with other kids too. We took him to the open house of the preschool a couple of weeks ago and he played in both classrooms and met the teachers. He didn't want to leave that night and is so excited to start school! I feel really good about the school too. It is actually a Christian school preschool to 8th grade. The facilities are really nice as are the teachers and staff we met. Greg and I both feel really good about the place.
We are a little stressed about the enrollment process because it is first come first serve with priority going to kids with siblings already enrolled. We are terrified of finding a place we love and then not being able to get Eli in!
On another note, Greg is heading to the airport this morning to fly to Mississippi and Florida for six days. He will be working but I think he is secretly thrilled to get away to somewhere sunny and play golf a few times! I get to visit my Dad for a few days at the end of the week too. It will be a nice break from being on our own for both of us since my Mom is still with Nicole on the other side of the state. We are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of my beautiful new niece! We can't wait to see her!





4 comments:
He is growing up way to fast. I'm happy for him that he is becoming more social...it's fun to observe him with other kids.....he's a great kid.......hugs to him and his adorable little sis....love the pic on the previous post....Gamma
Preschool is a big milestone, sounds like Eli will be more than ready. It will be fun when Nic has her baby. Two boys and two girls between the two of you. Really sweet. The song that always plays when I visit, "Just Like Heaven" was once sung by the Cure. It had a very different sound, I like your version better.
Glad to see you are back!
Preschool is a tough "Mommy" moment, but it does take some of the edge off of the first day of kindergarden. I'm lying, the first day of school is ROUGH!!
Great catching up with you!
Brittany
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment