"Dada" as Addison has affectionately started to call Greg is the hero of the week. He was able to help me get some pictures loaded onto the computer so I could put them on my blog!
This is a picture of our room in progress. We have been busy this last week working on our master bedroom. We can hardly call it a master because it is so small and has no bath attached but it is our master nonetheless. We have two tiny bedrooms on our main floor and one attic bedroom. When we bought the house the idea of being on a different level than Eli and the unborn babe was a little terrifying. Our compromise was to take the other little bedroom down the hall. It has worked out fine but I have never loved our bedroom. It always falls last on my decorating list and now that we have a little extra in our pockets thanks to Uncle Sam we get to play a little!

I had seen this great idea on Oprah to paint a little room with horizontal stripes - think three wide stripes in different colors. Actually with three colors from one paint chip. I tried it on two walls and it stunk. I think the technique could work but my choice of paint colors was way off. Too light and too bright of blues. Greg and I chose a new color together and it is more of a grey-blue. It has turned out really pretty. My other grand idea was for Greg to put beadboard up on the lower half of the wall. This is what he started yesterday and of course it is never easy. Our walls are uneven, our floor is uneven.
This is a picture of our room in progress. We have been busy this last week working on our master bedroom. We can hardly call it a master because it is so small and has no bath attached but it is our master nonetheless. We have two tiny bedrooms on our main floor and one attic bedroom. When we bought the house the idea of being on a different level than Eli and the unborn babe was a little terrifying. Our compromise was to take the other little bedroom down the hall. It has worked out fine but I have never loved our bedroom. It always falls last on my decorating list and now that we have a little extra in our pockets thanks to Uncle Sam we get to play a little!
I had seen this great idea on Oprah to paint a little room with horizontal stripes - think three wide stripes in different colors. Actually with three colors from one paint chip. I tried it on two walls and it stunk. I think the technique could work but my choice of paint colors was way off. Too light and too bright of blues. Greg and I chose a new color together and it is more of a grey-blue. It has turned out really pretty. My other grand idea was for Greg to put beadboard up on the lower half of the wall. This is what he started yesterday and of course it is never easy. Our walls are uneven, our floor is uneven.

Greg has had to cut the beadboard twice now and last night when he went to put it up he realized our floor slopes up 3/4' so he has to basically cut each piece to fit. I feel bad I talked him into this "little" project.
Below are some pictures of Addison's birthday party. I made a cute picture banner with a picture from every month. I got this idea from my dear friend Michelle.
Below are some pictures of Addison's birthday party. I made a cute picture banner with a picture from every month. I got this idea from my dear friend Michelle.









1 comment:
I love- LOVE-love the bedroom...you are one talented girl! And of course the pics of Addison and her family are adorable...Grandma Mary looks lovely as well...:-)...hugs Gamma Sharon
Post a Comment