Sunday at church we had a guest speaker that works for the International Justice Mission. He helps fight for justice for people all over the world. People that are in horrible situations by the hand of another person. It was a powerful message but what got to me the most was this question - How are those people that are in terrible situations supposed to know that God is good? What is God's plan for them to know He is good? We are His plan. When they see God's body in action coming in to help them they know God is good. For some reason this really struck me. He used the verse "You are the light of the world." Matthew 5:14. I picked up my Bible this morning to try and kick start my terrible lack of reading habit and happened upon that verse again. It's really very simple and all over the Bible. God wants us to show how good He is to the world. He can do it Himself and I know He does all of the time but for some reason He likes to use us little unqualified, lazy people. Strange, huh?
It seems simple but yet so overwhelming. When I was reading this part in Matthew this morning their was a mini devotional at the bottom of the page by Luci Swindoll. She put it so simply..
"Encourage instead of criticize.
Love instead of hate.
Hope instead of doubt.
Give instead of take.
Trust instead of worry."
I think I can do those things. I know I can if I think about it. God can use my simple choices to impact others. To show them God is indeed good.
I know this is a little different blog post then usual for me but by sharing it with someone it helps me as well. I need to a little more of this and a little less of all that other stuff I do....





11 comments:
this is such a beautiful post! so funny that we need reminding to simply follow Him & trust Him. i'm a chronic case of messed up human priorities. God is so good!
thanks so much for your sweet comments! i guess i don't have kids' ts or bigger onesies lined up, but would love to do a custom order for you anytime!! just let me know the size + graphic you're interested in. email me at swell[dot]life[at]gmail[dot]com.
Nice post Coco, looking forward to time with you this weekend!
I just ran through your whole blog...love it!! What a cute family and wonderful house! I'll be coming back...:)
You have big, giving, kind heart. I have always admired that in you and you always inspire me today I am inspired to go read my bible which I haven't done in a while.
Oh I'm so glad that you are back up and going!! Your blog looks great!! I had to catch up on everything.
This post reminds me of a conversation that I was having earlier in the week. For a while, every Sunday my pastor would bring his message from something that I had been studying on my own earlier in the week. It was like God was really making sure that I was getting what he was trying to tell me. God is really good!!
Big hugs,
Brittany
Such a nice post and I love the quote. I am going to copy it down and read it each morning.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to visiting with you again.
HI there!-
I happened to see your comment on Heather Bailey's site- I was so excited to see us on your blog! (so fun!) I don't know if you are in AZ- but we have classes- so you CAN learn to sew... and we will have Heather's new fabrics too!!!-She is even teaching a class on June 28th.
Check out our new studio
www.blissfullivingstudio.com
Blissfully,
K
I just looked a little closer and I am guessing by the cuties in the "snow hats" and the lush lawns that you are NOT in Arizona!-
Well- if you are ever out our way... you can visit!- And you can still get Heather's fabrics through us as well- we ship!
~K
I just love your little cottage. It is so cute.
The flowers in the box are amazing!
beautiful post, and lovely reminder, love your little spot here.
hello again! in answer to your question--our bedding is from pottery barn (found it on a great sale, of course!!)
Post a Comment