PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 24

Free Finds!

For those of you that know me you know I am a sucker for old things, things that I can repurpose or refinish. So yesterday as I was pulling out of my driveway I noticed that my neighbor had piled a bunch of free "junk" out by the street. Of course I had to take a look.....what do you think?

I'm thinking of doing something fun with this window and screen in the garden.


This is kind of a worn out tool chest but I thought I could paint it or leave it and plant some flowers for the yard.


This is a little funky. I thought it might make a great storage piece, maybe just in the garage or Greg's tool area or my crafts???
Add Image
I am excited about this. It is a little beat up and the bottom drawer is cracked but I thought if I sanded it down really well and painted it a cheery color that it would be really cute. I could use it in the kid's room or the basement play area...

Add ImageHere it is closed. Anyone have any great suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you made out like a bandit! I love the little desk! You are right, you could do a LOT of fun stuff with it. I love natural wood, so I would sand it and stain it rather than paint it, but that is just me. For the crack in the front of the drawer, can you replace that piece of wood?

The tool box would made a great planter. That's the first thing I though of too.

That French window is a great find! Have you tried window painting? It turns regular glass into stained glass and would turn that window into a piece of art. You can get the stuff at a craft store.

I'm sure you have lots of ideas too; with such great freebies, you'll have projects for the rest of the summer! Have fun :)

Laura J. said...

Good finds! Can't wait to see what you do with them. I love the secretary it reminds me a little of mine.

Leslie said...

holy cow, I love it all!!! you seriously found some awesome awesome things, love all of these finds!!!!!!

Brittany said...

Wow!! You hit the jackpot!! I love all of it and can't wait to see what you do with it all!!
Brittany

Chelle said...

oh what darling stuff...I think you should paint the little desk a Martha Stewart shade of green. potential jewels here, for sure.