Yesterday was my 32nd birthday. It was a pretty good day as birthdays tend to go. Eli had his second day of preschool and only mildly freaked out and clung to my legs. My friend Amy whose son is also at the same preschool invited me to coffee while the boys were in school. We had a really nice time. She has a new baby boy and I had Addison with me. I had a Starbucks Pumpkin spice latte for the first time this Fall! Oh, I love Fall. It is my favorite season. I love the colors, the crispness in the air on a sunny day. I love wearing sweaters but no jackets and I love mums and soup and apple cider and hot chocolate. Of course, the temperature is still a little too warm for some of that but it is starting! I will always think of September as Fall. I grew up in Alaska and it WAS Fall at this time. School had started and it was cold and the leaves were falling. My husband insists that September is still Summer. Whatever.
I was even brave and met the other Mom of the little boy in Eli's class. I saw her last week and seriously, I call her Model Mom. She looks like a model. Beautiful, skinny, stylish. A little intimidating. She was very nice though and has a little boy just a smidge older than Addison. I am determined to be friendly and maybe make a new friend. Oh, I also spotted a THIRD boy in Eli's class. They must have done some moving around. Yeah for boys!
A little side note. Last night I asked Eli if any of the kids in his class were nice. He said there was one girl he didn't like. She wore yucky pants. She looked like a clown, no a scarecrow and her clothes were yucky. Oh my goodness. I am not so totally outwardly judgemental. Where is this coming from? I explained to him how it is not nice to judge people on what they wear and that I wanted him to be friendly to her. He went on to say she was mean and didn't share. Hmmm...maybe there are some underlying reasons for the yucky clothes comments. I'm not sure how to deal with this new attitude.
Last night we went to dinner with Greg's family. Despite everything taking forever we had a really nice dinner. My Mother in law got me a gift certificate to an Aveda salon and spa. I'm not sure what I'm going to use if for. Either yummy smelling Aveda products or a spa treatment perhaps? Never done anything like that. My Mom bought my ticket to the first show on the tour for So You Think You Can Dance?. Woo Hoo. So excited for that one. I'm going with my sissy on the 20th. We are leaving the kids with the guys and are going to have such a fun time!
Here are a couple of shots from the restaurant. I seem to smirk a lot when I smile for the camera so I'm not including any of myself.



I was even brave and met the other Mom of the little boy in Eli's class. I saw her last week and seriously, I call her Model Mom. She looks like a model. Beautiful, skinny, stylish. A little intimidating. She was very nice though and has a little boy just a smidge older than Addison. I am determined to be friendly and maybe make a new friend. Oh, I also spotted a THIRD boy in Eli's class. They must have done some moving around. Yeah for boys!
A little side note. Last night I asked Eli if any of the kids in his class were nice. He said there was one girl he didn't like. She wore yucky pants. She looked like a clown, no a scarecrow and her clothes were yucky. Oh my goodness. I am not so totally outwardly judgemental. Where is this coming from? I explained to him how it is not nice to judge people on what they wear and that I wanted him to be friendly to her. He went on to say she was mean and didn't share. Hmmm...maybe there are some underlying reasons for the yucky clothes comments. I'm not sure how to deal with this new attitude.
Last night we went to dinner with Greg's family. Despite everything taking forever we had a really nice dinner. My Mother in law got me a gift certificate to an Aveda salon and spa. I'm not sure what I'm going to use if for. Either yummy smelling Aveda products or a spa treatment perhaps? Never done anything like that. My Mom bought my ticket to the first show on the tour for So You Think You Can Dance?. Woo Hoo. So excited for that one. I'm going with my sissy on the 20th. We are leaving the kids with the guys and are going to have such a fun time!
Here are a couple of shots from the restaurant. I seem to smirk a lot when I smile for the camera so I'm not including any of myself.





5 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good birthday and you got some great gifts! I LOVE Aveda!! Cute pics too.
Oh and YAY for the 3rd little boy in Eli's class! :)
Happy, happy birthday to you!
Sounds like a great birthday! We have a model mom at the boys school...I try not to stare. She is tall, thin, with long dark hair she pulls back into a pony tail and stylish bangs and clothes. She could rock a potato sack. Sigh. I can relate! I'm glad you get a spa...you DESERVE IT!!! I also agree on your fall comments...in Tok it was VERY fall in September...the end of August you know the leaves had already changed! Heck sometimes we had snow! It's still 85 here with no signs of stopping...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Are you ever going to blog again???
I made it on your blog! I feel honored! I had fun at coffee too and am so glad to read that your MIL bought you a gift for your birthday! I never did follow up to see how birthday dinner with the fam went, glad to hear it was well~
Post a Comment