The silhouettes were very, very easy. The hardest part was getting Addison to sit still long enough to get a good profile picture of her. So anyhow, that is the first step. Get your darling little ones to sit still long enough to get a good, clear profile shot of them.


Then, print the profiles to 8x10 or whatever size you prefer. Cut the pictures out oh so carefully, making sure to get all the little details....and paint with black acrylic paint. I did two coats of paint on mine just to make sure there was good coverage. I mounted them on red and white polka dot paper and framed them. Wa La! Totally not my idea but a darn good one and they are really recognizable as my kids!
I'm not sure what that mark is but it is just on the photo....
Excuse the obnoxious reflection of me in the silhouette...I had the hardest time not getting a reflection!
Notice the glimpse of the lovely beadboard? It is finally finished!
Then, print the profiles to 8x10 or whatever size you prefer. Cut the pictures out oh so carefully, making sure to get all the little details....and paint with black acrylic paint. I did two coats of paint on mine just to make sure there was good coverage. I mounted them on red and white polka dot paper and framed them. Wa La! Totally not my idea but a darn good one and they are really recognizable as my kids!





11 comments:
I love them.....great job....keep those creative 'juices' flowing...hugs Mum
this is the best description I have seen on how to do these... its so my turn!
I love it, am working on doing it myself but getting Ashtyn to hold still at that angle is CHALLENGING!
Oh wow...totally 100% darling...can't wait to try this myself...now you've got all of us wanting to try! Excellent, excellent inspiration. Thank you!
That turned out great! I wanna see more pics of how your beadboard turned out. :)
How wonderful! I must try this!!!
Me again, but this time I'm back to comment on the song that started playing when I clicked back to your main page. I haven't heard "Lay all your love on me" in YEARS!!!
It takes me back about 20 years when I used to listen to my Information Society tape in high school.
ADORABLE!!!
oh, thanks for this post. i have been thinking about doing this with my kids. i remember doing it in school when i was young. i may have to do this with my kids.
I have been thinking about putting some quilts in an etsy shop. I have also done some trades for fabric. so much fun!
When I saw the silhouettes on Nic's blog I thought of the one's on the Nie blog. Very pretty!
You have an adorable family!! And what a great project!
Post a Comment