PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, October 3

Realigned


That's me. Realigned. My schemes, my redecorating dreams. After a month of mentally moving out of my little cottage and into a four bedroom two bath bigger cottage I'm having to realign my thinking. Realign it to reality. Out little cottage is just not worth what we hoped.

Now onto new schemes, new designs, new cabinets maybe? One can hope. If I'm going to be in this little place a couple more years I have to have dreams, right?

At least I have cool shoes.

14 comments:

AlaskaLark said...

You never know how things can change in six months or a year or two. In the meantime, contentment is a good thing to aspire to. I know that sometimes if I spend too much time in home improvement blogs and magazines my contentment level goes way down. You're right, those are cute shoes.

Chantel Monet said...

I'm sorry Courtney! I know that's not what you wanted to find out. You do however, have the most adorable cottage I think I've ever seen. And the most amazing clogs too!

Erin J said...

Sorry you're bumming. If it helps, I live in a little cottage too! Sometimes I dream about more space, then I remember how much I like simplicity and how easy it is to clean, because there isn't much there. Don't know if that helps you, but it helps me tremendously. :)

Definitely cute shoes.

Sharon said...

Love the 'Bocs'......I now have some to, only in a 'shoe' style''comfy, lil' buggers they are.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

- Very cool shoes indeed.

I have had my share of contentment issues when it has come to our very old home - but so thankful for a husband who knows how to do all things remodeling and we are slowly making it into our dream. Hang in there!

Lisa said...

I have missed you around here!
Your little cottage is adorable and sometimes little is good, it keeps you together as a family!

Thinking of you and hoping those cabinet dreams come true....

Sharon said...

I'm still 'hopeful' for your situation..:-)

have a lovely said...

those are some cute shoes! :) i can understand the disappointment of changed plans or postponed dreams...but i must say...you have so many precious touches that have made your cottage once adorable little place!

thank you so much for your oh so sweet compliments on the little mister's nursery. i hope your littlest mister isn't growing too quickly right before your eyes! :)

swell.life said...

well said. we're still tripping over boxes here...can't park our car in the garage, and wishing that a 4 bedroom would fall in our laps sooner rather than later. it's an everyday struggle to find contentment and joy in what we have--not what we don't.

and amazing what a boost one fancy pair of shoes can give you!

Andi Mae said...

01. Bummer. So bummed for you!

02. Those are such cute shoes.

03. I know you have been feeling cramped in your little cottage, but I have to say, dear friend, that I love it so much! Every time I am over there, I am in awe of your amazing decorating skills and the beautiful little home you have created.

04. I miss you!
xo

~beautyandjoy~ said...

Shoes can make all the difference! As can how you create beauty. xox Sending love to you.

Aubrey said...

Those are cute shoes! And I bet you'll fall in love again with your little cottage...I miss mine..
Happy dreaming!

kt said...

oh no it's been too long since I was here last and have just added you to my blog roll so I don't miss anything else over here!

Sad to hear you are sad about not getting to move to a bigger cottage.
Our house has been on and off the market for over 4 years and has had two sales pull out at the last moment, while contracts were being signed etc - I am feeling your frustration but knowing God's plan is bigger and he has better and dreamier cabinets for you than you could ever imagine right now.
It's just learning to be content with 'his' timing huh!

Excited to meet you come March - like u mentioned it is quickly approaching! Am I right that you live not too far from Chelle's new house?

ps. I love your shoes and this picture :)

decorators fabric said...

Oh I love your shoes. They are so cute.