PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 26

Roller coaster


I seem to be stuck on a roller coaster ride and I really don't like roller coasters. I usually keep my eyes closed the entire time I am on one. Too bad I can't keep my eyes closed for the next three months. You know, that might get in the way of feeding and diapering and driving. Things like that. Three months. That is how long we are set to have our house on the market.

Anyone who has ever sold a home knows what I am going through. Everyone goes through this. It's just that this is my first time. At first I thought it was great that we were going to get feedback from our realtor after our house was toured. Now I'm not so sure. Someone toured our house this morning. "It was nice" they said. "Done really nicely" they said. "It's just too small."

Darn.

I got that feedback way too quickly. I don't even get the day to daydream that they may want our house.

Double darn.

And we are only a week in.

Triple darn.

We've toured a few houses ourselves. Fell in love with one waaay too expensive for us. Walked through waaay too many that are too tiny for us. Saw some that need a lot of work and money. Saw one that (gasp) is a seventies (scream) four level (shudder) that hasn't been updated since (shiver) the seventies. Surprisingly, that is one even I am willing to consider if we were able to update some things immediately. Hey, don't judge. Any of you could be persuaded to live in Grandma's house if you had the promise of a new kitchen that you got to design.

So it is all still out there...our dream...until someone decides our little cottage is their dream.

Anyone? Anyone?

9 comments:

Leslie said...

your little cottage is my dream!

right down the road from some very sweet gals.. yourself included...

hoping and praying and dreaming with you Courtney.

stephanie h said...

Your little cottage is my dream too! :)
I hope things pan out the way you hope.

Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Chelle said...

Courtney your little cottage is nothing short of dreamy...and I can't imagine too many weeks will go by before some very lucky people put claim on it. And then it's me who's going to be left saying darn...cause I am about to become and almost neighbor. ;)

But golly I can sympathize, not being the roller coaster type myself. Praying it's all worth it in the end, and you guys end up with a home that suits + fits you perfectly.

Chantel Monet said...

When (if) my house gets clean, I will invite you over to tea and we will ride this roller coaster together, and we shall have talk of the perfect home you've been dreaming up that really is out there somewhere. I know you are anxious/nervous/excited, and I am all those things with you!

Sharon said...

Your adorable cottage will be perfect for a nice family....be patient and enjoy your 'clean' home. (I think I'm going to pretend that our home is going on the mkt....perhaps I'll get some areas purged)Hugs....Mum

Amanda said...

definitely with leslie...it is my dream...too bad dreams and reality don't collide perfectly all the time, huh! praying that you will find the person whose perfect dream AND reality it fits!

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

House buying and selling is so stressful. I told dh that if we were ever to do it again it would be once and once more only. Wherever we go would have to be our home forever more. We're just trying to decide where in the world (literally!) we would go!

Jacy said...

I definitely find your little cozy cottage home very, irrisistably dreamy!! Hoping this 'roller coaster ride' goes by a little more smoothly!! I'm sure that perfect family will come along soon in God's timing...and to me, there is something fascinating about old homes, but yes I'd totally want to update the kitchen!!! hehe
Praying for you!

Furniture movers said...

No matter what, our own home is the best in the world. Everyone has their will to say something on our own house. Anyway, for me your home is so beautiful. In fact, it seems is refreshing in there. God bless!!!