PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 9

lesson learned


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. 

Philippians 4:6-8


****************************************

Don't you love it when God just really shoves something in your face? When He makes it very clear that He is close, that He cares, that He is here? God did that for me today.

Last night and most of this morning I was working on an embroidery of Philippians 4:8. I have always loved that verse and last night when I was looking through some quotes I decided it would be my next project. So I have been staring at that verse for a few hours. 

I took a break, watched some t.v. and ended up scaring myself silly and spiraling into a hopeless state about out future. For anyone that knows me, you know I am a Grade A worry wart. Whether that is built into my genetics or just part of my sinful nature that is who I seem to be through and through. I think God is just giving me the chance to really, really rely on Him. Which is the whole purpose anyway, right? 

So getting back to my God moment. In my despair, I decided to go check my email. 
What's a few minutes of happy pain blocking going to hurt anyway, right?
I'm pretty good at just ignoring hard stuff and pretending it's not real. 
So I see an email notification for a new blog post of a blog I love to read. I hop on over there and she is talking about kid's worship music. She even has a video link to one of the songs. 
And what do you know? 
It's Philippians 4:6-7.

I was seriously having internal dialogue with God despairing over the state of life and why we have to suffer and where is the hope. All the good angsty stuff. 

Hmmm...think He wanted to remind me where my hope comes from? How I can have peace in this crazy world? He is so darn good I can't believe I sometimes forget. 

So I've printed out a big colorful copy of this verse to put where I can see it. 

And I think it's going to be my new memory verse. 

It's that important.

3 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I can't tell you how much I love this!! From the sweet embroidery to the re-telling of HOW GOOD GOD IS - and how very clear He made that to you.

Anonymous said...

I love how creative God is, in his reminding us of what we already know. Your embroidery is beautiful! Hugs, Mum

Misha said...

Beautiful. So beautiful.