PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 6

April is for....

Babies?


Well, in my little world they seem to be. I've known of four babies that have blessed their families in the past two weeks! And a fifth is due to arrive any moment! 

What to do when so many precious bundles are arriving?

Make onesies!

My new favorite go to gift for new Moms and their squishy new additions.

These are entirely addicting to make and oh so easy!

A little embroidery, a little applique perhaps?


Little Jude is Greg's cousin's new little. I know ties are done all over town but this was my first one! I do love it. And I'm currently working on a last minute "Hey Jude" to round out the collection. I mean, how could I not?

And this sweet duo is going to a friend that I seriously played with when I was a baby! Her second girl, Alison just squeezed into the last day of March. I did the turquoise onesie first and was really pleased with the result. My second attempt was a total flop on so many levels. Nothing I could do would fix it. So out came my estate sale mini doilies that I found last week. We did something similar for a friends shower recently and I never would have guessed how lovely doilies would be for baby clothes! And easy too!

What is your favorite gift to make for babes?

8 comments:

♥ Carrie Shan said...

Those are so cute....especially the little tie one. ♥ them!!

Anonymous said...

So very nice....love them! Uhhhh my favorite 'go to' gift is a 'go to the mall' kind of gift...perhaps the Gap or Crazy Eight. Great work, Courtney!!!! love Mum

Leslie said...

I love these.. and umm yes. Hey Jude is a must... your emroidery is amazing.. seriously.

and umm I love that your mum loves crazy eights.... Im weird but its true.

♥ Carrie Shan said...

Hello there. I saw a link to yours and your friends blog on Andi's blog post about the beautiful baby shower. I knew you all must be very talented when I saw it and I was right. I felt like I struck a gold mine when I found so many people blogging that live so close. We will have to throw a local bloggers get-together or something. I know Andi from MOPS!! Love your blog and style. :)

Nicoly said...

I like to MAKE my sister applique and embroider onesies! ;^)

Nikki said...

These are seriously treasures!! Love them all SO much! I'd never seen the doily idea till the pics of Chelle's shower...they are all absolutely great. I wish I had a go-to handmade baby gift....there have been a few knitted baby blankets, but that is a whole lot of time + money, so only the close friends' babies get 'em. ;-)

Jeff Loves Jessica said...

i agree? how could you resist hey jude!?

these are the cutest things ever courtney. what lucky mamas!

Amanda said...

Hey Jude--I totally love it. Cute onesies too. I can't imagine a better gift for new mamas. :)