PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, June 24

{summer bucket list}



The summer bucket list

We've made one....have you?

If you are anything like me you daydream of idyllic summer days swinging on the hammock and drinking sweet tea, kids running through the sprinkler and picnics in the park.

Sounds nice right?

Or how about this....too many hours of cartoons, fighting, staying inside all day on sunny days.

Sometimes the magic just happens. 

Like a few nights ago - I decided to put the sprinkler on the lawn for the first time all summer. 
The kids decided it would be a fantastic idea to run through it fully clothed - this was after the sun went down. 

I lounged in the hammock with the babe who had more fear than anything about the sprinkler and we watched them run through over and over again. Total glee. 

I love those spontaneous summer moments. 

But that can't always happen. 

Besides having mucho fun brainstorming a summer bucket list with the kids, it helps us actually DO them. 

What a concept, huh?

I tend to let life happen instead of making life happen.

Not as much fun. No siree. 

So here is to making summer happen for you and yours. 

* Chase down that ice cream truck (yes, I know the prices are exorbitant...)

* Stare at the clouds with your kids in the backyard..or the stars...or the bugs!

* Have a water fight....done this...there is A LOT of fun to be had with spraying your little stinkers!

*Go on family walks...even when So you think you can dance is on....

*When they are begging for a picnic at the park...do it! 

So happy summer time friends! 

What's on your summer bucket list?


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your list.....the kids will love doing all of it....I wish we were there to do some of it with you...hugs Mum

Nikki said...

Love the bucket list idea....LOVE the chalkboard...love your little globe collection...Mike and I totally need to make a summer bucket list!