Aaahhh, sweet peonies.
Do you have any in your garden?
I'm rather fond of my p's.
Being the newbie gardener that I am, I still get HUGE satisfaction out of
seeing things come back to life every year.
And actually, I think that awe will only grow. I can imagine all of you seasoned gardeners out there only go back summer after summer to all the - let's face it - really hard work - only because there is such immense satisfaction in growing flowers.
We bought our little cottage the same time my sister in law moved into her gorgeous hundred year old house just a short walk away from ours.
While ours had been a rental for decades and hadn't been cared for much in the planting department, their yard was positively overgrown with flowery goodness.
One day as she was moving plants around and ripping plants out, she gave me a call.
"Want some peony tubers?" she asked.
So it started from there.
A sad little spot in my backyard where I hopefully planted some peony tubers.
Flowers are completely and amazingly miraculous, don't you think?
I challenge anyone that wonders if there is a loving God in our
universe to take a stroll through a flower garden.
His work is evident in the simplest flower.
But behold a peony!
They are my favorite flower. And their time is so short.
They should be enjoyed, don't you think?
And if only you could smell them....sweetness and summer all wrapped into one tissue paper perfect package!





3 comments:
I love, love, love peonies so much, too. I love seeing yours. : )
Beautiful!!!!!!Hugs, Mum
P's have been my favorite for a long, long time! I have some that used to grow on the side of my house, I am thinking I need to dig them up and find a better spot for them... You inspire me my friend! :) Love you!
Post a Comment