PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 18

Christmas Craftathon 2011

Last Saturday I helped my dear and amazingly talented friend Becca host a Christmas Craftathon for eight of our friends. Becca owns a duplex and right now their lower level is vacant awaiting some renovations. We had free reign of the living room and dining room and had so much fun decorating an empty space!


We were crazy ambitious and set our goal on doing twelve crafts! We provided everything our friends would need to produce these crafts - we charged a small fee to cover the cost of supplies - all they had to do was show up ready to create!





We made earrings and hair clips, glitter clothespins, wooden block photo ornaments and bottle cap magnets. We made the most amazing wooden Christmas trees, freezer paper stencil t- shirts and tote bags and cloth napkins. There were also stations to create gift tags and sew paper garlands. Whew, am I up to twelve yet? Oops! I'm still missing one, what was it? Oh, yes, little fabric rosettes.






We were a little nervous as to how our friends would accomplish this many projects in one day. The day was open ended though with no set time we had to be done. Our guests were free to take unfinished projects home with them too.




We crafted our hearts out listening to Christmas music and fueled by coffee, hot chocolate and lots of treats. We caused the fuses to blow a couple of times but I think only one person banged their finger with a hammer!







I would do this again in a heartbeat! It was a great opportunity to actually create some of those projects we have all pinned on Pinterest - and it was a set aside time to craft without our kids!

4 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Looks so, so fun!! I want to do it. :) And I love the way you captured the details. Detail photos are what I love to do most.

Misha said...

So wish I could've done this with you all! It looked so beautiful and fun! Love your photos!

Nikki said...

You two are CRAZY. But in all the best ways!! This looks seriously amazing--would have loved to be a part of it! It's always so much more fun to be creative in good company. ;-)

Blissful Blooms said...

Oh My Goodness! What a fun fun fun day! I have always wanted to do this! And you made everything so beautiful! I especially loved the distressed wood trees- I had those pinned too! What a sweet day!