Okay, so I know it's now this week and not last week anymore but this is what I've got.
I kept meaning to blog last week but I just wasn't feeling it, you know?
I've been buying ferns lately. After a few years of no houseplants I'm back into houseplants. I started with two little ferns and then bought this big one. I'm loving that they last longer than fresh flowers and that I get a bit of the outdoors indoors. Quite the concept I know.
I've also finally accepted the fact that I will never learn to crochet and bought a vintage totally granny but totally awesome afghan for my living room.
We had one unexpectedly sick boy last week. While I know that most sickness is not expected, this one really came out of the blue. I sent him to Awana and he was just fine. He got delivered back to me having thrown up twice. At Awana. In front of everyone. Then he had a fever all night. Poor boy. I keep running into people that say, "Oh, I heard about that." Meaning the kids are talking.
We've been doing a lot of this. It always makes me giggle when I see dogs sitting in seats. They look so human don't they?
We've been doing some embroidery again. Although, both of us have a bad habit of starting a project and not finishing it. Mine is intended for my etsy shop if it ever sees the light of day again.
I bought a Smash journal. In Safeway of all places. These things are everywhere these days. I'm using it to record my thoughts and Scripture verses or quotes all on the subject of trust. It's my word of the year and I'm trying not to forget that it is a big issue God wants to deal with in me. Maybe it will always be my issue but nevertheless I want to be changed by God in this area. Plus, it's a really fun way to get some creative energy out in a simple and fast way.
I got way too sidetracked by watching documentaries about Mt. Everest and rereading Into Thin Air. I think I've worked it out of me though.....until next year when I get the random urge to obsess over it again.
Oh my, how could I leave this until almost last! For more than a week now I've been a Mom that is ALL DONE WITH DIAPERS! Do you like how I shouted that at you? It was totally unplanned. Because that is how we do things around here. We were talking with friends who have a son a few days older than ours and found out he is totally potty trained. Well, the next day we ran out of diapers. It was either run to Costco or go for it. He is doing so great and is hilarious. The first night he told me he wanted wine because he was big you see. We don't even drink that much wine around here but in his little mind he knows you have to be big to drink it. Well, we've been singing the your so big praises around here like crazy. He now wants coffee because he is big. Oh, and he can use scissors and drink soda too. You know, because he is big now. It never ends. But, oh happy day...we are out of diapers!
So that's about a wrap of our last week, just in case you missed all the random little ins and outs of my life. All courtesy of my phone because my big girl camera hadn't been wanting to snap a photo since Seabrook. I still need to look into that one.
Have a happy Monday friends...I hope yours is warmer than mine...it's snowing here!













7 comments:
Love that last shot on the potty - congrats to both of you!
Yeah for Quinn and I'm happy that Eli is better. I'm impressed with Addisons embroidery...hugs, Namma
I'm not sure if I'll be happy or sad when we are done with diapers LOL!
I have yet to use my Smash book and I just had to have it ;)
That photo of Quinn on the potty chair cracks me up--way to go Quinn!!
loving the quinn shot... hahaha its so our life too.. as you know.
So question any look switching from little potty to big potty. Rylan never liked the little ones.. and Cade does....
We have been totally done here to, Woo hoo. Cade was way easier than Ry. So thankful.
Oh and you journal is awesome. I love that.
Hi! I found your blog from your home tour on Life Made Lovely! I LOVE your cottage...
I noticed that you are in the PacNW...I live in Portland, so just wanted to say hello and let you know you have a new follower!
stephany
hello fellow cottage dweller. i too live in a cozy cottage in Washington, with 4 kids, my Giant hubby, his cousin, and 3 dogs. Needless to say I am always looking for new ways to rearrange furniture. Happy to meet not only a fellow small space dweller but another PNW friend.
Post a Comment