Yes, sometimes I have to remind myself of that.
Don't we all? This might not be your version of being a good Mom and other days it wouldn't be mine either. But I never say yes to the car cart. And the car cart AND donuts on the same day?
I think I made my kid's week.
It's been a bit quite around here. Last week being a bit lazy. I hustled my little bustle getting my house spiffed up to be part of Heather's Home Made Lovely tour last week. I was so thrilled to get to be a part of it and all of your nice comments left me feeling pretty darn good. So thank you for making my day many times over! All that said, I needed a little rest after all the flurry that stirred up. My house was happy to be so clean and pretty but now it is pretty much back to normal. You know how it is, three kids, a dog. A small house. Impossible to keep clean for more than an hour at a time.
We have been doing some other fun stuff around here though. Non house related stuff. Stuff waaay more important than decorating and fluffing. This pretty girl had her birthday! I've had a post I've been working on with lots of photos of her from the last five years. I got so nostalgic looking through all the old photos on our computer that I wanted to put something fun together for her. Still working on that though and maybe it will just pop up here randomly some day.
She is pretty special though. The one girl smack between the boys. She is the strawberry jam to their bread. The part that makes the sandwich really good. She just got a haircut too. I had been growing out her bangs for so long but we got them cut and she looks so cute.
This little guy will be three in two short months. I have to say he is caught somewhere between being a baby and wanting really bad to grow up. So much of his chatter these days is about when he gets older or bigger. But on the other hand he loves to pretend he is my baby, sit in his baby chair, snuggle his newly rediscovered baby blanket and use baby spoons.
Today as we were riding in the car he told me that he wanted to be a doggie when he grew up. His brother was going to be a Daddy but he was going to be a doggie. I explained to him that he was a boy and boys grew up to be Daddies that had doggies.
Later on in the car ride he told me he was going to grow up and fly around with his wings. Hmm....
My favorite though have been his obsession with coffee. When I grow up I'm going to drink coffee and ride the horsie and spill my coffee! Or when I get bigger I'm going to drink coffee and ride in the booster seat and go to school. Bigger is relative.
He ends so many of his sentences with do I? and is it? As in, that is scary, is it Mommy. Or I love candy, do I. All of these things that melt your heart right where you're standing but that you forget a half an hour later.
He melts me hard. Every day.
The kids have been having so much fun with painting lately. Normally, it's just crayons and markers if they are lucky enough to find any of those that aren't dried out. I had an idea recently that they could paint some canvases that I wasn't using to hang in their bedrooms. It took me a long time to make good on this promise! They have been painting everyday since. The canvases are long gone. They don't care. They will paint on anything. We have just kept the paint out and they keep at it. I'll be able to hang an entire gallery wall of bright and cheery modern art soon!
This is by far the best thing that has happened around the house lately. While my parents were here a few weeks ago my Dad replaced our old solid door with this window filled door. This is something I'd been wanting to do for years but was just always on the back burner. With my parents coming we tried to think of a project my Dad could help with...as he likes to stay busy. I'm so happy with how it turned out. It is right off of our living room and leads up to our master bedroom. It makes that teeny tiny space feel so much bigger. You realize, why there is more to this house! The paint color ended up being free...a mix of my current kitchen blue and a turquoise I once painted the kitchen that was all wrong. And it was the exact shade I wanted. I love it when that happens.
After we hung the door I realized I actually could hang artwork in the stairwell. Before it was a forgotten little spot that nobody ever saw. It was the place I would stash stuff before company came. My stairs were always booby trapped with piles of stuff. All of the artwork was stuff I already had, mostly of the vintage variety found at estate sales and thrift shops. It makes me so happy now and it is so pretty at night with the light shining through it.
Next project: master bedroom. Really. I am motivated now that the stairs to them are cute.
I always need some kind of project. Especially this Spring since I'm not focusing on Farm Chicks.
So that's a little bit of what has been going on here. I'm gearing up to get away for a girl's weekend in a few days. I'm so excited and starting to think of what kind of projects I want to tuck away to work on while I have so much free time!





3 comments:
Sweet things around your house indeed! I love that you let them get the car cart. And the art stair walls is a great idea. I was just looking through piles of the kids art yesterday!
Thank you for a most beautiful package I just got in the mail yesterday! That is happy mail for sure!
I can't believe how big Quinn is! I now Seabrook was two years ago, but he's still a baby in my mind...not an almost-three-year-old!
Your stairway is so lovely. Stair walls full of framed art is one of my dreams. That door is gorgeous!
You are a GOOD Mom. We're looking forward to seeing ALL of you this week-end. Make sure that you post the pics of your bedroom when you get it done. love Mum
Post a Comment