PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 20

{Summer Fun}



Our summer started almost a month ago with an earlier than most dismissal from school.
My kids have already had an almost two week "summer camp" at Grandma and Grandpa/Cousins house. One week totally without Mom and Dad and five days with me there. They live about a five hour drive away from us. It was a first and not surprisingly it was my oldest (the eight year old) that struggled the most with missing us.

They had quite an activity schedule while they were there and my oldest kept Grandma accountable for all she mentioned they might do!

They went to the beach...numerous times.
Visited the zoo.
Went to the movie theater to see Madagascar 3.
Visited the Children's Museum.
Had a playdate with their cousin's friends.
Had a photo shoot and got to jump on a big trampoline for the first time as a reward.
Played for countless hours with their cousins.
Got to watch movies every night before they went to sleep.

While they were gone I got to sleep in. 
Take naps.
Work on embroidery projects while I watched whatever I wanted on t.v.
Go out to dinner twice.
Get together with friends to quilt.
Host a baby shower at my house with friends.
Basically do whatever I wanted to do whenever I wanted to do it! 

By the end of the week I was getting a little teary though and missing my little ones quite a bit. The week went by so quickly and I really didn't get all that much done. 
It was my very own summer break though...a bittersweet treat!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm missing my 'lil' children...and their Mum. It's been way to quiet here. I washed sweet little fingerprints off of all of the mirrored closet doors today......:-( Namma

Anonymous said...

Just love your lists for the summer - you are creative and your kids must be having a wonderful time. Love, Aunt Dea