Today I specifically wandered into a Joann's store just to see this magazine.
Do you want to know why?
Well, way back in February I was contacted through my etsy shop by a lovely lady
representing this magazine. They were interested in featuring one of my handmade
items in their July/August issue.
So that was exciting and all. Whenever you create something and anyone likes it...
well that is kind of a make your day moment.
So like I said. February. In February, July is a looong time away.
Now it is July and it is sweltering. The other day I thought to myself, hey, it's
July. I wonder if that magazine is out that is supposed to have my thing in it?
The only store I have seen this magazine at is Joann's. I took advantage of only
having one of my three kidlets with me and took a look.
And there it was. In print and everything.
Pretty cool for little old me.
The only one I had to share it with was my little three year old.
Yeah, he didn't care.
So I instagrammed it. Of course I did.
I didn't buy a copy. This mag is a little pricey for me. Fifteen whole dollars! Plus, they have
promised to send me two free copies and some craft supplies. I am insanely curious
about the craft supplies.
I made this little piece of wall art sometime last year. I think it may have been before I opened
my etsy shop. Anyway, it was around the time I was reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann
Voskamp. Hence the phrase I used. Inspired I was.
So today that is my little bit of thankful. Thankful for the blessing of this little thing in
a magazine. God is really cool that way. He really loves to bless us in ways
we don't need or deserve. He knows the secrets of our hearts and knows how
to encourage us on in beautiful ways.
(By the way, the text in this post is crazy! Out of my control weird and not the same at all! Just had to say that because it is driving me crazy and I can't fix it..anyone having similar problems with blogger?)







10 comments:
Go court! That is sooooo awesome!!! Can't wait to see what you get!
Congrats on the book article! That is so cool. :)
Sometimes blogger makes my text funky too by inserting weird HTML on the back end. You can fix it easily by cutting your text out and pasting it into a notepad (or .txt) document to get rid of all hidden formatting. Then cut the text and paste it back into your blog post and it should be back to normal. If you know HTML, you can go to the edit HTML tab and fix the weird text styles there, but if you don't know HTML, pasting your text into a pain text document and back into your post should help.
wow! that is so cool! what a blessing. :)
Good for you, this is so fun! I love what you made and I love what you wrote about God's fun little blessings.
hooray for you!!!
what an awesome feeling. i think i will stop in there and look at it today, too : ) i love everything in your shop, you are so talented.
congrats, Courtney, you rock!!!
Love, Aunt Dea
You make a Mum very proud. I'm going to buy the magazine...:-)
That is SO exciting Courtney! So proud of you! Is the picture on the left page one you took? So exciting!!!
Courtney!!! You're famous! This is so cool!
your blog is so beautiful !!!!
Post a Comment