PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 20

Little updates.....

Well, I had the most wonderful shopping day at IKEA on Saturday with my sissy, my darling niece and hilarious nephew and NO kids of my own. It was quite blissful and IKEA had so many new and fun things that I could have gone quite crazy. Greg thinks I did but if he only knew my real potential.....

Below are the curtains I got for my kitchen window. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to get something to break up the blue on blue of my secretary and my walls. I don't love the curtains.....they are a red and white stripe, a little ticking like. What do you think? I had a dickens of a time getting everything hung and ironed and hemmed etc.
I'm sorry the picture is so dark. I was having lighting issues.

I also got this darling little canopy, circus tent like thing for over Addison's crib. I have never felt like their room was done or special. I never really got new stuff for Addison when she was born. Since the kiddos share a room I never was able to do a girly room or totally redecorate. I had to make do - so I am trying to make it a little more special now. I also added a little flower wall lamp I'll use as a nightlight.

This would be her view....I don't know, Eli loved it and wanted to take a nap in her crib. He started crying like a baby as well. Hmmm...have to put a stop to that. I put Addison in and she just wanted out right away. I think it's cute anyway.

7 comments:

Nicoly said...

I think the curtains look great - worth the hard work! And the thing over the crib and flower light are darling as well! I had a lot of fun with you at Ikea - can't wait to see you guys again next weekend!

stephanie h said...

Oh, I really like the curtains! Then again, I love red.

Looks like you got some really nice stuff at Ikea. I so wish we had one close!

Sharon said...

Hey, it all looks swell.....warms it all up. I can see Addison pulling the canopy down......Eli is so cute......maybe he should move upstairs to his own special room....Namma Mia

Laura J. said...

I can't wait to see it all in person! Looks great! I think I need an Ikea trip. Hmmmm!

Jeannette said...

I love the curtains. It makes the space happy and bright. And the canopy is super cute too. It makes it look like a princess bed.

Leslie said...

everytime I am at Ikea I think this is so cute, but whats really cute is how you hung the ABC flashcards over her crib...

the word is adorable!

Jamy said...

Oh my gosh. Where do you live? Will you come to my house and help me decorate? That picture of your girls' room reminds me of something in BHG or pottery barn kids! UGH! I'm so jelous of your creativity!