Last night we had a little wind storm blow through our area. This is what happened at our house. We were actually really happy that this was all that happened. The damage was minor: a broken gutter, a downed cable/t.v./internet line and a broken table. We weren't home when this happened, we had gone to visit Greg's dad for a little birthday pie. We left with the t.v. warning us of an impending thunder and lightening storm. Greg had brought Hudson in from the backyard a little before we left so he was safe. While we were at Greg's parents house we were talking about trees falling. We drove home with the winds gusting and lightening flashing so we said a prayer for God to keep us safe....He really did. We even had a neighbor from down the street leave a note on our door because they heard the tree falling. Poor Hudson was so scared and huddled by the back door when we got home. We decided to have the tree that this limb came off of taken down. I spent today having tree guys come out and give me estimates. Just a year ago we had another tree taken down not a foot from where this tree is. The sad thing is that these were about the only trees on our property and now we won't have those! I am really thankful though because I feel that God protected our house and our family and gave us a heads up to a tree that really needs to come down before it falls on our house. I did sleep in the basement with the kids though last night! Our bedroom is right in the path of the tree....I had visions of it crashing in on us while we slept! Greg refused of course though and slept safely in our bed.
Tuesday, August 19
What a storm!
Last night we had a little wind storm blow through our area. This is what happened at our house. We were actually really happy that this was all that happened. The damage was minor: a broken gutter, a downed cable/t.v./internet line and a broken table. We weren't home when this happened, we had gone to visit Greg's dad for a little birthday pie. We left with the t.v. warning us of an impending thunder and lightening storm. Greg had brought Hudson in from the backyard a little before we left so he was safe. While we were at Greg's parents house we were talking about trees falling. We drove home with the winds gusting and lightening flashing so we said a prayer for God to keep us safe....He really did. We even had a neighbor from down the street leave a note on our door because they heard the tree falling. Poor Hudson was so scared and huddled by the back door when we got home. We decided to have the tree that this limb came off of taken down. I spent today having tree guys come out and give me estimates. Just a year ago we had another tree taken down not a foot from where this tree is. The sad thing is that these were about the only trees on our property and now we won't have those! I am really thankful though because I feel that God protected our house and our family and gave us a heads up to a tree that really needs to come down before it falls on our house. I did sleep in the basement with the kids though last night! Our bedroom is right in the path of the tree....I had visions of it crashing in on us while we slept! Greg refused of course though and slept safely in our bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
How scary! I am glad it wasn't any worse and that no one was hurt.
Wowee, it's a good thing that the deck wasn't finished.....it would have been ruined.
I'm so glad that you were safe and no more damage was done. I'm sad about your tree though. :(
Post a Comment