PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 13

The Makeover

Do you remember this from a few weeks ago?
Now it is this.....
Here is a look at the inside...
A close up of the paint job...
It was a fun project and I completed most of it in one day. I bought my first tool for the project (if you can call an electric sander a tool.) I have only used stripper once before and it was so messy and scary that I decided sanding was the way to go. The finish came off pretty easily and the paint went on quickly too. I found some new hardware for it and painted the inside with chalkboard paint. I am a little disappointed with how the chalkboard paint turned out though. I have always used the spray paint form of chalkboard paint before and this time I used the kind in a can. Has anyone else had issues with it? I know my sissy has had some problems too...

I don't have a good shot of what is surrounding this piece but it is against the window in my kitchen. The walls are blue and I decided not to paint it red because I have so much that is already red. I agonized between blue and green and finally went with blue. Now it is too much blue on blue so I want to get curtains for this window to break it up. I am planning a trip to IKEA this weekend with my sissy and am hoping to find something fun there!

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Nice work....Courtney....it turned our really well....it looks like it fits the space perfectly..

Nicoly said...

Totally transformed, as usual you are a master at what you do! Love you!

stephanie h said...

Courtney-
That looks amazing! You did a great job on it! I can't wait to see what you do with the other pieces.

stephanie h said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swell.life said...

this desk looks awesome! what a charming piece--you did great work.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are perfect in all of your country home and cottage kind of ways. I love it!!!! You did a great job!!

Philigry said...

oh,i love doing this to furniture! what a great makeover!
thanks for visiting my blog. my sister taught me how to cast one, and do the garter stitch, but I taught myself everything else. i got a five dollar book from the knitting store that has the basics in it.

Anonymous said...

I love it! You did a fantastic job refinishing it.
I recently saw a peel and stick chalkboard and thought of you. It was from Wallies - www.wallies.com. They have the cutest products. So check it out.
I am friends with your mom :D, just thought I should let you know. I love reading your blog as well as Nicoles.