So a little while back I was browsing blogs and checking in with this amazingly talented knitter, sewer, crafter...you name it and she had done this darling little project.
I tucked it away in my mind thinking of all the windows in my garage from my parent's house. A little while later I picked up some fabric and that sat for awhile too. I finally had the energy to do this little project this morning and it didn't take as long as I thought it would. Mostly because I decided not to paint the window....I rather like the shabby look it has.
Below is my fabric for this little project. I put the first piece on without ironing it but quickly decided it had to be ironed. Darn!
I tucked it away in my mind thinking of all the windows in my garage from my parent's house. A little while later I picked up some fabric and that sat for awhile too. I finally had the energy to do this little project this morning and it didn't take as long as I thought it would. Mostly because I decided not to paint the window....I rather like the shabby look it has.
Below is my fabric for this little project. I put the first piece on without ironing it but quickly decided it had to be ironed. Darn!
The finished product! All of the fabric was stapled with a staple gun to the back of the window. It was a little difficult getting the staples into the tiny wooden dividers and up close it is all far from perfect. I do think it is quite cheery though and a good use for old windows!





10 comments:
Wow! I love it and now I am going to have to find a window like that! Great job!!
This makes me pant...is that gross or what?! Seriously, I like it THAT much.
cute cute cute.... but do you do any other variety... I would love to see it "in" the room....
I really like this idea! Your window is awesome: so big and in great condition.I have also seen photos added to some of the window panes mixed with fabric!! Such a fun project.
love it!!!
know, I want one.....
This turned out so great!
Next year I am paying you a visit for the Farm Chicks craft show. It looks SO amazing!
oh how incredible this is...makes me totally want to find a window and do it!
I simply adore this!!
I've gotten to far as to hang my white window frame, use it as a family message board, but haven't yet stapled the material or even bought the ones I know for sure I want to use, in it.
But you are encouraging me to finsh it up and do it how I want it. Yours is so cottin' pickin' adorable. LOVE it. I'm thinking we have some similarities in colour loves going on. :)
I saw the same window and wanted to do it so bad! I love how yours turned out! So cute.
Post a Comment