Dutch Babies.
Have you ever made one?
Better than pancakes.
Way better than waffles.
And so easy...they don't need to be watched or flipped.
Or even made one by one.
Just one pan,
a lot of butter,
and an oven.
Dutch Babies
6 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/8 t. grated lemon zest
1 1/2 cups flour
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1/3 cup butter
Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
Stir in grated lemon zest. (I hardly ever have lemon zest!)
Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder and stir into egg mixture.
Allow batter to rest for 30 minutes. (I hardly ever do this either!)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
When pancake batter has rested, place butter in an oven-proof frying pan.
Place pan in oven and allow butter to melt without browning.
Once your butter has melted, remove pan from oven and use pastry brush to coat surface and side of pan evenly with the melted butter.
Pour pancake batter into the hot, buttered pan and return to oven.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
I like to serve this with maple syrup and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Enjoy!
"Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; love more, and all good things will be yours." Swedish proverb





6 comments:
Dutch babies are our favorite too. :) Annabelle requests them at least twice a week. And have you tried the FC apple puff pancake yet? It's really yummy too!
I've never eaten these little treats-but am copying the recipe-I like that it's one pan and you don't have to stand and flip! yum! Am enjoying looking through your blog, too!
Yum,yum,yum.....and did you mention that you use your special 'Dutch Baby' pan?
We love Dutch Babies too! It is one of Elliot's very favorites! Although my recipe is a little different, so I am going to have to try this one :)
And it is official- you totally need to take me thrifting with you. I hardly ever go and when I do I find NOTHING, but you always find the best things!
xo
P.S. Really really love how much you are posting lately! It makes me super happy!
i have heard you mention them in your blog...and maybe leslie too...and been oh so curious, but didn't ask...and now i am SOOO excited to make one super soon!
Post a Comment