PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 18

Sweater weather

A new use for an old sweater.

I don't know about any of you but I have a storage bin stuffed with old sweaters.

Sweaters that were maybe cute ten years ago.

When I was tiny and could pull off horizontal stripes.

Sweaters that have shrunk or pilled.

That have just fallen out of fashion.

I have saved them all this time thinking "one day"....

Well the other day was finally the "one day".

I broke my sewing machine out of it's four month hibernation
to help a friend with a project and thought....well, it's already out.

So we went from this...

To this...

Originally, I had wanted to do the front and back with the sweater but I just didn't have enough material. I grabbed some super soft white fabric I already had for the back.

I love it's softness and squishiness but I don't like the contrast between the light and dark. Next time I will come up with a fabric that coordinates a little better with the sweater.

One down, many more to go!


"Creativity involves breaking out of established
patterns in order to look at hings in a different way." - Edward de Bono

5 comments:

Leslie said...

love this.. fall throw pillows were in my plans this week too, so great inspiration!! Thanks friend.

stephanie h said...

Cute, Court!! I think I have a few sweaters that look just like that too! : )

Nicoly said...

Well after seeing it in person I think it is perfect and perfectly squishy...can't wait to see what we turn out on our 2 day shut in!

Kelley said...

Amazing Courtney! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!! I had been talking about doing this for ages, but keep getting rid of the sweaters.
:(
You are so amazing!
I love you Courtney.
Min