I am happy it's December.
It's cold, snowy and decidedly December around here.
So far December has brought:
~ One nasty cold that is lingering a week longer than welcome
~ Reoccurring bouts of pink eye in the little population of my home
~ Christmas decorations 99.9% completed
~ One pre-lit artificial Christmas tree returned to Costco after only two years (bum bulbs)
~ A dining table so messy and so full of crafting satisfaction
~ An Advent calendar the littles are enjoying oh so much
~ A sweet anticipation of getting a REAL Christmas tree again....of making family memories picking it out, cutting it down, wrestling with lights and decorating it ....as a family
**********
I looked at the calendar the other day and was slightly taken
aback at how soon Christmas will be here.
This year I so want to enjoy the moments of this season.
I don't want these next few weeks to rush by in the busyness of it all.
I want my heart and the hearts of my family to be prepared for Christmas.
I want us to realize anew the miracle that is Jesus and His birth.
I've been reading so many thoughts on Advent and seeing different resources that are so inspiring. I am feeling really challenged to put the emphasis on Jesus during these days leading up to Christmas.
How are you celebrating Advent with your family this year? With your children?
I would love to hear more ideas...especially on how to share and create experiences with young children.
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6






3 comments:
Really love this festive post and we are so excited about celebrating Advent this year as well. It's a first for me/us.
XO...love + miss you.
Love your new header...and hearing how your family is welcoming Christmas this year. I'm jealous of your "real" tree...though I suppose that a childless couple living in a condo is a pretty good reason to stick with the plastic version! Hope the pinkeye and colds leave your family soon, and that you're able to spend lots of time soaking up the beauty of Advent with your husband and kids.
I'm looking forward to spending it with with you and your precious family...:-) HUGS Mum (Christmas and a few days following)
Post a Comment