PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 16

{ House Rules }


Wow, an entire week has passed since
I've visited this little spot.

What have I been up to?

I was really good at ignoring my domestic responsibilities...you know; laundry,
dishes, vacuuming....the fun stuff!

I had a self-imposed snow day where
I kept the first grader
home.
Half way through the day I declared nap t
ime for everyone....last time I keep him home when he's not sick!

I had a lovely book group
with girlfriends where we didn't talk about the book at all but caught up on life and dealt with abnormally loud -upset-screaming-hyper children. It shows how much I love my friends though...didn't mind the crazy children at all.

I re-wired a thrifted yellow lamp...all by myself!
Photos on that to come. I found a plai
n white shade for it and am planning on dressing it up a bit.
Any ideas?

Spent all day yesterday organizing our basement...clean desk, organized craft dresser, toys picked up, storage boxes gone through...wheww...it feels so good!

Set my mind to doing a project and getting it done..... I had this photo in my inspiration file -

(via michelleums, gluestickgirl)

I decided a little embroidery would be awfully fun.

I used a thrifted frame....spray painted it red while holding it out the back door...it was cold that day!

Just a little reminder of the important things in life - and yes, I count chewing with your mouth closed as one of the very important things in life!

**************

Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
-- Charles R. Swindoll


6 comments:

kt said...

love the frame and house rules and compulsory nap time hehe!

and thanks for your comment - will definitely be showing before, during and after cupboard shots :)

Chelle said...

ultra darling house rules in thrifted/painted red frame...
I've wanted to make our own version of this for a long time...http://michelleums.tumblr.com/post/116634037/sweethomestyle...
love the thought of an embroidery...you have the best ideas dear...

and I love that you took a stay-home-and-nap-sort of day this week...and so proud of and amazed by all you accomplished...

xo, you are a wonder...

Nicoly said...

I can totally picture you hanging that frame out the door while painting it...you are so dedicated to your craft, cold weather or not!! Very, very cute! I'm so impressed at how fast you embroider! That would be really cute for FC too...seriously (but maybe bigger? would that be worth your time?) Love you ultra talented baby sis!

Erin J said...

Super cute! Love the embroidery.

For an easy lamp shade idea until you decide what to do with it, you can hang a lacy shawl over the lamp and it makes and interesting texture.

I second the chewing with one's mouth closed.

Leslie said...

love those house rules SO SO much...

and snow days...
and everyone napping..

and yellow thrifted naps..

one day we will just have to junk togethor. Wouldn't that be so fun... :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS POST.....MISS YOU..AND THE FAM...MUM