PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 9

life : beautiful


For those of you that know me or have ever just visited my home, you know I am a total magazine hoard.

I love me some magazines.


Especially "shelter" magazines as those in the know call them.


Who am I kidding? I'm totally just wanting to be "in the know"!


I was grocery shopping at a very large and very affordable spot yesterday...


(my first time - I needed to save moola on food to
justify the moola spent on thrifting yesterday!)

and what to my wandering eye did appear?


You guessed it!


A beautiful and totally new to me magazine!

Now this has been around since 2007 and apparently I've been shopping all the wrong stores for the last four years because I've never ever, ever seen it!

Have you?

It is the perfect combination of beautiful images, inspiring articles, sweet DIY projects, delicious recipes, and I could go on! The sweetest part is that it is all tied up around a Christian perspective!

Now I love my design mags and will read them all day long if I can....but to come across a beautifully done magazine that encompasses so much of what I love and encourages me along in my faith is something really special.

They only publish four times a year - sniff, sniff.

They include a beautiful three month daily Bible reading calendar in every issue.

It's so pretty it would make a lovely addition to your fridge, bulletin board or bedside table!


And it's bonus time here....no advertising!

The back cover shows other issues...I would totally buy these just because of the covers!

You can find out more and subscribe if your heart so desires (I know mine does) at this lovely little spot:

life: beautiful


******************
“ Have regular hours for work and play;make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success.
- Louisa May Alcott

*******************
And thank you all for the really very helpful thoughts on my ADD post...I'm
geared up to put some into practice! I'll let you know how it goes!

5 comments:

kt said...

ooh I saw this magazine awhile back when they were releasing their Easter edition and thought it was the sweetest ever but was bummed that they wouldn't let an aussie subscribe :)

I have a magazine hoarding problem too. So bad if I like something really bad I will buy a second edition just to cut up so my original can stay all perfect!
and it's about to get worse... M got me a 2 yr subscription to my fav mag for chrissy - yay! :)

ps. thanks for your comment on my blog - it is good to be back. and can I just say I am loving how much you have been posting around here!!

Leslie said...

Costco has issues of these.. is that where you found it..

they really are gorgeous..
its true.

swell.life said...

ooooh, swoon. i LOVE this one. so much. it's such a beauty. this is just the sort of magazine i have secret dreams of writing for someday...oops, not so secret.

Chelle said...

Oh Court, what a treasure of a find!
Did you discover it at Winco?
Super excited to look for it and treat myself.
And Jess, I am not the only one that thinks your writing + photography is so perfectly magazine worthy! You really should so try submitting an article or two...We'd all run out and buy it first thing. :)

Teresa said...

What a great find....I'll have to check it out. I'm assuming the large, affordable place starts with either a W or a C and I have to go to both next time I head to the big city.
On a different note, I still have the giggles over your chalk eating boy. I thought I'd seen it all with my three boys, but this was a new one for me. Gotta give the little fella extra credit for perseverance!