Last night we attended a lovely family wedding.
The bride and groom picked seven ~ fourteen because those are their favorite numbers!
We were late but we thought we were early.
There was a little mix up on the time.
Totally embarrassed.
Not like we are an interruption or anything...there are only five of us.
The wedding was held in the bride's parent's backyard. (Did I get my grammar right there?)
Their home and property is gooorgeoso!
I've always thought it belonged in a magazine spread...hello BHG!
When we first moved here with our week old first babe we moved right into that cute little apartment above their very large garage. Except they don't call it an apartment.
It's their carriage house...don't you love that? And it's very, very nice.
We were blessed by their niceness for two years to be exact.
We got to look out over the balcony onto the BHG gardens for two years people!
Back to the wedding...
The bride was beautiful (she is my husband's cousin).
As I type, they are on their way to Hawaii....lucky ducks!
Hence the beachy decor....don't you love that they brought in sand?
They had little beach balls everywhere. Guests threw them at the bride and groom as they walked down the aisle instead of rice. They became a fun toy for the kids during the reception!
Here is my girl playing catch with a favorite cousin!
This guy is going to be my soccer play I just know it...he kicked that ball around like a pro!
I think he just got hit in the head with one....
beautiful, beautiful.....
Cake pops for the kids!
Cutting of the little cake!
I thought this was a great way to do it...who needs a huge wedding cake?
They served a delicious cheesecake and had little sweet treats as well!
This little man kept getting tricked into having his picture taken by another fun cousin...here look at yourself...click, click...
The bride's brother in law and nephew...remember these..
they were for him!
(And he was totally sleeping in his Daddy's arms that way....so cute!)
Did I mention they are right along the river?
Sigh...I know....
Grandma and my boy...with cake all over his face...or was it berries by this time?
Anyway, I wore white capris and miraculously walked out of there stain free!
Getting sleepy watching the dancing..
It was a lovely wedding for a really lovely couple! My husband has a whole gaggle of girl cousins in the marrying age group. I have a feeling we will be attending many more of these events in the next few years.
(Which is kind of nice because most people in my age group are waaay married with 2.5 kids.)
And I know I'm not the only one who dreams about the kind of wedding they would have now if they could do it again....admit it....things have changed sooo much in the last ten years! I bet some of you would pay money to get to plan a new wedding....to the same husband of course!





4 comments:
What a beautiful and fun wedding....the kids are all adorable.......I'm missing the pic of you and Greg....love Mum
I did a double take of the brother in law...looks a lot like Josh Lucas in that photo! Beautiful photos of a beautiful wedding!
ok you are right-such a gorgeous spot! definitely magazine worthy. beautiful place, beautiful people. looks like a fun night!
and I'm with your mom- where's the pic of the two of you?
Post a Comment