PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 25

{totally random}



Totally random thoughts for a Monday....

*I really, really want to have a garage sale this summer and am spontaneously thinking this weekend. 
But I have a CRAZY amount of work to do to get ready for it!
Should I do it?

*My biggest (who is seven) is on a very strange and unusual (is that redundant?) cleaning kick right now. 
Cleaning his room over and over, bringing dirty laundry downstairs often, vacuuming!

*All three of my kids are in swim suits playing in the 
bath tub right now.
Is it bad that I'm too lazy to go outside in the heat, slather on sunscreen and fill up the kiddie pool?

* Just signed up for an online photography course....crazy? no, cool!

*Had the best time and created one of the 
top summer memories with my fam last night. 
We all...and I mean ALL (dog included) piled on the hammock under Great Grandma Susie's quilt and watched the stars come out. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that didn't doze off for a bit too (dog included).We were forced inside by the sudden smell of skunk!

*Got the weirdest sunburn on my back this weekend....couldn't reach those spots by myself!

* I'm still in my jammies but doing lots of laundry..

*Had GREAT cherry clafoutis Thursday night with my girlfriends...and it was the recipe from the family cookbook...go figure!

*My daughter had fallen asleep in church the 
last two times we have gone. 
Time doesn't seem to matter...one was morning, the other evening.

*I've been off facebook (as in - deactivated my account) for hmmm...
two weeks now? Totally surviving and just barely miss it.

*Missing my Mom. She is headed to the wilds of Canada this week where there is no good cell coverage. 
I've also been missing her visits. This is the first summer that she lives a little too far to visit often.

*Finally got out of my house on Friday with this friend to garage sale...both of us in our post Farm Chicks haze have avoided all such things. Funny thing is - there really wasn't much out there. 

* Went to this store after garage sales and drooled a bit on everything.
The baby walked around barefoot and fell down on the stairs
because he was walking with his hand in his pocket.
He got a goose egg.
And I got a parking ticket. 
What were we thinking? There was 8 minutes left on the meter when we pulled up.
"oh, we'll just go in and come back out and plug it."
What? So unrealistic. So my ultra cool steal of a deal of a camping table got technically
bumped up in price a bit.
Totally lame.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, from Aunt Dea and Mom. Tell Eli that we are very proud of him. He is welcome to come clean our homes any time he is in our area. Nice post.....love you...

Chantel Monet said...

Loved the hammock experience.
Love that Eli is helping you around the house!
Love the idea of a garage sale... I dream of going shopping at your house all the time!
Loved your cherry Clafouti!
Mostly Love you!!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Hey Courtney - I have been wanting to take an online photography course.. could you give me info on the one you are taking?? I would love that!