My girl.
I counted on my fingers today. She is only four months away from turning five.
How did that happen?
She went back to school today after being out a week with chicken pox.
She only missed two classes though. She only goes twice a week.
All the both of us could probably handle.
She cried a bit today because she has a bad owie on her lip.
Last night (while I was napping) she apparently got her lower lip pinched between the back of our kitchen stool and the chalkboard wall. Greg and I exchanged quite a few smiling looks over her wailing head.
It's not that we didn't feel sorry for her it's just that we were picturing it.
It conjures up memories of Ralphie's friend from that movie The Christmas Story when he gets his tongue stuck to the metal pole. So in addition to her healing dots all over her face she has a bad owie on her lip.
She has also decided she is done with ballet.
As in the ballet class I just signed her up for last month.
The same ballet class she has missed oh, once because she'd had such a rough day at school that I let her skip for fear we'd have a repeat at ballet. And the same class that she missed once again because she had the chicken pox. And yet again, the same class she attended but refused to participate in because it was watching day.
Did I mention this class is only once a week?
Oh my.
We have to pay for the next quarter next week.
It might be a good time to put her ballet slippers on the shelf until she's a little older.
She loves playing Legos with her brothers.
She also loves playing dolls with her little brother.
But that usually happens when big brother is at school.
Her coloring is improving. I noticed this when my oldest went to preschool too.
I think it is all the crafty projects they do at school.
Practice makes perfect.
She does silly really well too.
Usually when Daddy is home at night.
And I swear sometimes she looks just like my mother-in-law.
She's the only girl and the gooey, sweet filling on our kiddo sandwich.





5 comments:
I love that girl.
She is a 'beauty' and a lot like her Mommy was when she was little. I'm sad about her not wanting to continue with ballet. She's so cute in her little outfit..:-)Namma
Oh...love her.
And I just adore that picture of the gorgeous two of you!
And how could our girls be that close to their birthdays. So, so bittersweet!
And Court, I think it's so wise of you to postpone ballet for a little while...it will still be there someday when she's older and it's fun instead of traumatic!
Love this photo so much. And your hair is getting so long! Looking so forward to seeing you tonight!
What a sweet, sweet, post, and the photo of you two is so lovely! You are such a sweet mama...Addison is lucky to be your little girl. :-)
Post a Comment