This is Tuesday.
It's a no makeup and lots of coffee kind of day.
I'm taking pictures of pretty mums and pumpkins because, well, their pretty and my
kids aren't so much right now.
I'm getting a sneak preview of what my two year old will look like when he is sixteen
and it's a little frightening.
His chicken pox have just gotten worse with each day but from what I've read we should be free and clear in about a week and a half. My daughter is about a day behind him in her breakout. I'm so, so thankful that we are doing this all at the same time and not stretching it out to weeks on end.
Yesterday my second grader came home with a medical alert in his backpack from school. It stated that my child may have been exposed to chicken pox last Thursday through a sibling in the four year old class.
Whoops.
Sorry.
It was a little funny.
So our day has been full of Berenstein Bears, Olivia and Super Why. We've also read our two new books I bought at the School Book Fair this morning. I'm a sucker for Book Fairs. When my son first started school I loved getting the Scholastic book orders sent home too. Such nostalgia! My son has been awaiting this day with very eager anticipation. They had an entire section of Star Wars and Star Wars Lego books. He could hardly make up his mind. But then he spotted Captain Underpants and lastly his newest Lego obsession: Ninjago. He had some tough choices but so did I...I'm a sucker for books.
I did buy a new book that I am so excited to read to the kids. It is "From The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" by E.L. Konigsburg. I was a big, big reader as a kid and I loved this book. I have thought of it as an adult and wished I could remember it's name. I was so happy to spot it today at the book fair and recognize as an old favorite! Do any of you remember this book?
I enforced naps on both kids today. You're sick? You take a nap. That's a rule around here.
And it gives me some nice quiet time.
I've been doing a lot of online shopping lately. But I haven't bought anything. I just put it in my virtual shopping basket and then never check out. That's what I do in real stores too. Oh, I buy things, for sure. But I love to put things in my basket and just shop it around. It gives me time to really decide if I want to pony up the cash, or debit card. It's kind of like chewing that dessert flavored gum. You kind of feel like you're getting dessert but for way less calories!
So one of the things I've been putting in my virtual basket is over at Mrs. Meyers. Have you smelled their seasonal scents? Orange Clove and Iowa Pine....mmmmm. I still have a bottle of their Iowa Pine hand lotion from like two years ago in my van. I just used it the other day on the way to church and my husband said, now that smells like Christmas! I'm a sucker for their scents and their packaging. Who doesn't like a little pretty on the side of their sink? So yeah, I filled my cart pretty full their. It's wishful shopping.
This was the last project I tried to do that was inspired by Pinterest.
Remember how I said it didn't turn out stellar so I didn't blog about it?
I was inspired by these altered globes...some had words written on them others had pretty pictures decoupaged onto them. I glued scripture verses onto mine.
I have a pretty big globe collection.
Like a lot of you, I love how they look, I think the colors are so pretty.
But I have thought on occasion, I have all these globes and obviously they represent the world.
Do I love the world?
In all honesty I love a lot about the world.
There is also an awful lot I hate about the world.
The Bible says we are not supposed to love the world.
So I found an old Bible, my Student NIV in dusty pink.
It was sitting in a box in my basement and I made myself feel good about cutting it up because at least I'd be seeing scripture from it everyday.
I thought it would remind me of how God wants me to see the world..
These are a few of the verses on my globe.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -his good, pleasing and perfect will."
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus or Lord."
And I love that some of these verses were already highlighted in my old Bible. Marked in bright pink or neon yellow. They spoke to me then and are still verses I love.
So our day has been quiet. It's been nice.
Pretty soon my seven year old will be home from cross country practice and things will change.
He'll be all amped up about his day and want to do something, anything but what I would suggest.
Do you know what I mean?
So the crazy hours begin, the hours before dinner, before Daddy gets home.
This is our Tuesday. And I'm thankful for it.





5 comments:
My old Bible was totally the dusty pink NIV too! :)Love this post so much. But then who am I kidding I love all your posts. At Annabelle's Dr. appointment this morning he said she should be done with being contagious by Saturday! Yay for that. Thankful for my Tuesday too, speckled children and all. Especially speckled children. Loving all the extra cuddle time with them.
Well now I'm feeling a little guilty. I totally stocked up on Meyers Orange Clove sent while at Seabrook this weekend for a steal. If I had known you wanted that scent and even put two and two together that Ian was going to see you yesterday I totally would have bought you some!
I love this post. It's cozy. : ) {And I love your globes - that scripture idea is really beautiful.}
I'm so sorry you have a house full of sick kids :( Sounds like a lovely Tuesday, regardless! And I love that globe idea!!
oh I love this post. Im sorry about the pox, but I love this totally feels authentic. This whole post. and love the concept of scriptures on globes.
lovely.
I agree with Misha. Cozy.
Post a Comment