PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 2

30 Days of Thanks - Day 1


I'm going to join in a lovely blogging tradition this month.
Everyday I'm going to attempt to post what I am grateful for from that day or from the day before. 

I will no doubt be doing posts on other topics this month but I want to take this on as a personal challenge to document all of the good and even the not so good things that God is blessing my life with this month. 
I want to publicly give Him the thanks He deserves in this month that we celebrate a holiday conceived in gratefulness.

Since I missed the first of the month yesterday, I'm going to include all the good things I'm so grateful for that happened yesterday as well!

1. My parents were visiting and my Dad took my van and sat for three hours at the tire shop while they put my winter tires on! Last year I had to do it myself with kids in tow. Now I am ready for the snow they are predicting any day now!

2. My Mom, who seriously delights in serving others. The way to bless her the best? Have a mountain of dirty laundry waiting for her. God has given her a strange but wonderful gift. She delights in doing laundry. And I delight in having it done for me. 

3. Good spiritual conversation.

4. Getting to volunteer in my daughter's classroom. 

5. A clean and sparkly house, especially clean kid's rooms.

6. Dinner I didn't have to cook.

7. The Holy Spirit and what a gift from God it is to have Him reveal all truth to us.

8. Feeling better after being sick all weekend.

9. My two youngest, who play so nicely together.

10. That the holiday season is upon us! I've bought my cinnamon scented pine cones so I'm ready to go!
{What are you thankful for today?}

Photobucket

4 comments:

Dawna said...

What am I thankful for today? Why, you, of course. Love you friend!

Becca said...

Beautiful picture. It was encouraging talking to you today. I'm excited for this month!

Chantel Monet said...

Aw, love this! I'm so glad you joined in! And cinnamon scented pinecones, I'm going to have to get my hands on those!

Nikki said...

I laughed out loud over "God has given her a strange but wonderful gift." You are too funny! My mom's love language is feeding people--I swear everyone gains 5 pounds apiece when we visit, even if it's just for a weekend!