Wow, I feel like I need to do some catching up around here!
With the 30 Days of Thanks, the Happy Day project and Ten on Ten today this might be a long post!
Is anyone else doing the Happy Day project? It's been a bit challenging for me and so far the only day I've done the challenge on the day was Monday.
It was bless your neighbor day and I hung some chocolate cookies on the door of my next door neighbor. He's a great neighbor and recently divorced. So he's living alone for the first time in a long time.
Tuesday was write a handwritten note - I had good intentions on this one and even grabbed a stack of cards to try and write in while I was out and about.
It didn't happen.
I'd still like it to though.
I was really moved by the story that was shared on this blog though.
Go read it, you'll cry, you'll want to pray, you'll be inspired by this family's faith.
Yesterday was gift card to the homeless day.
This got me excited because my mind has been on how to help homeless people a lot lately.
My Bible study girls are putting together little bags of goodies to keep in our cars to hand out to people we see in need. We were inspired to action by my friend Leslie's blog post on this from a few years ago.
How fun it was to see some other posts about this as well.
And in fact I think that this challenge is coming up in the Happy Day Project as well!
Read this post, so good.
I got this book she referenced on my iphone last night and read it all.
A real eye opener.
I want to see people as God sees them.
I want my faith in God to have arms and legs.
I don't want to be just talk.
This is really something God is challenging me with lately, in lots of different areas.
Good works in His name.
Because He loves us so we love others.
I had someone in mind for the gift card yesterday.
The only problem was I saw him as I was running late to an appointment. So I said to myself, I'll get him when I'm on my way home. Except he wasn't there.
So today around lunch, I drove up.
It's this guy that always hangs out by this gas station, in the trees a bit by the side.
He is always there. And I think he is usually sitting there drinking.
He isn't panhandling. Just living his life right there.
I felt like he was the one I was supposed to give my gift card to but I was really nervous.
Would I offend him? He wasn't asking for help.
Was he really homeless? I think so but my husband said he thought he must live in that neighborhood.
But why would he hang out there day after day if he had a home?
And does it really matter if someone has a home or not if that is the way they are living?
All these questions.
All these nerves.
I prayed and when I drove up he was standing right by the alley and lifted his hand in greeting to me.
He made it really easy.
His name is Jimmy.
He wanted a dollar but I gave him some water, a jerky stick and a gift card to McDonalds.
I told him I see him all the time and think about him and just wanted to do something for him.
I told him Jesus loved him and we exchanged names.
It was really cool. And not scary at all.
Today is give a book to a friend day.
I think I want to find a copy of this book....who to give it to?
Not sure yet.
If you are still with me, here is my Ten on Ten for today!
Instagram style!
(And I'm sorry, some of the pictures are a terrible quality...still figuring out all this taking pictures on my phone business!)
{9:00 hour}
Shopping at Trader Joe's with my littlest. We went to see if their holiday goodies had arrived and they had!
{10:00 hour}
Finally getting a shower. Coffee on the bathroom windowsill.
Does anyone else drink coffee while they shower?
{11:00 hour}
Kind of wearing a dress. Something I never do.
I feel weird.
{12:00 hour}
Going to give Jimmy his gift card.
{1:00 hour}
Working on this blog post!
{2:00 hour}
This sweet girl fell asleep on the couch.
{3:00 hour}
It's pick up time and I had a car full!
{4:00 hour}
I found my book! There was only one, it was meant to be.
{5:00 hour}
Loading the dishwasher. I think I could do this twice a day...how do we make so many dirty dishes?
{6:00 hour}
Not a very beautiful picture I know, but a beautiful idea...these are the bags my Bible study girls are putting together that I mentioned earlier in the post.
Thankfuls...
44. that there is no school tomorrow - it feels like a vacation to me too!
45.for all of the veterans that have served and are serving. Thank you.
46. for friends.
47. for a sunny fall day.
48. that I have my husband to help raise my kids and I am not at it alone.











5 comments:
great set! and i am so excited about no school tomorrow, too! hooray!
what a lovely post... one of these days i'm going to experience a trader joe's! love your little one pushing a cart... too cute!
Oh Courtney - you are a breath of fresh air! I like the direction you are taking in life! I have a lot to learn from you. Your family is blessed to have you as their mommy and wife. Love you, Aunt Dea
Beautiful pictures....love your boots in the "dress" picture. I know what you mean about running the dishwasher...it's a never ending task!
You are one busy lady! Love the photos--I don't know what you mean when you say you're not good at this phone-photo stuff. You ARE.
Post a Comment