I've finally listed a couple of new dish towels in my etsy shop! I worked on them this weekend and still have a handful to do the embroidery on...so more should be coming!
I get stuck on taking the photography and staging my stuff just so.
The competition on etsy is fierce!
I make it a really big deal in my head and then it never gets done.
A non-official new year's resolution....get it together with my etsy shop.
If this is going to be my only creative outlet I need to actually let it be my outlet.
Okay, enough about that.
Today I decided I needed a little painting therapy.
It had been awhile since I had gotten any paint brushes out and I was started to twitch a little.
I have had this old rocking chair for a few years now. I got it at an antique store for a great price but it has been living in my basement, totally neglected. There was nothing wrong with it, it was even painted my favorite color of red and distressed really nicely. Well, I take that back. There was one tiny thing wrong with it. It had a little cabbage rose decoupage action going on at the top of it.
Now, I'm not knocking decoupage. I've gone through my jars of mod podge let me tell you.
This just wasn't singing my song.
Plus, I just needed a change.
Oh, and it had recently made an appearance in my living room to provide extra seating for some friends and just stayed. We've been enjoying the extra seat too.
So today I painted it.
I used the all famous chalk paint in Provence.
If you haven't used that stuff yet, let me join in the chorus and do my part to tell you it is awesome!
It dries so fast and I really just did one coat over all that red.
It distresses really easily, sanding off into a fine powder instead of a gummy wad of paint.
The process is so fast. I painted, sanded, waxed and polished all before lunch people.
I'm not loving how the distressing on the seat looks but usually there will be someone's seat there if you get my drift. So no big deal.
I also spent a big part of my day sucking up doritos off my carpet with my vacuum's hose attachment and my daughter's hair, her tummy and my two year old's toes.
They got a big kick out of the suction action of the vacuum.
It's been a stay home kind of day.
My dog is kind of ruining that part though.
He ran away this morning to his cousin dog's house.
They are playing right now but at some point I'm going to have to leave the house to collect him.
Dogs...





2 comments:
that is a great color on your rocking chair, so cute and i am in love with the dish towel and that pillow, too. i love that fabric!!
LOVE the new color on your rocking chair! I'm going to have to try that stuff! And your new Etsy items are beeeeautiful!! Love them!
Post a Comment