Last weekend I took off for a little getaway. A girls weekend at the most magical and idyllic place I know. It's funny and purely coincidental but I have been to the same place the same weekend in March for the last three years!
My friend Laura headed over to the coast with me as well as my entire family, dog included. They were going to get a visit in with cousins and grandparents while us girls got a break.
We stopped at the most scenic overlook that we usually just speed past. It was time for a driver change. Right as we were pulling in two fighter jets zoomed right over us. It was so cool. And loud.
The view from the other direction.
This photo makes me laugh. It was windy. My son totally has the same hair style as my sixth grade boyfriend. You do remember that style don't you?
Don't you love this photo? I do. I think I need to print it and I think my Dad needs to paint this. Yep.
This little coastal community is filled with cute houses. We laughed as we were driving in, that's cute, oh, that's really cute! We realized that EVERYTHING is dreamy and cute and it's a little redundant to keep saying it. Oh well, it WAS cute!
There is inspiration everywhere her. The colors on the houses, the Adirondack chairs, the birdhouses, the globe lights strung everywhere. Really, every time I come here I wish I never had to leave.
All of the houses here are privately owned with about half being rentals. Most are decorated beautifully. You can visit the website and check out the interiors.
We never did sit out here. The weather was pretty cold and windy, typical March in these parts. Plus, the weekend went so fast. You have to spend at least three nights to feel like you are able to do everything.
The beach here is majestic. I don't live near the ocean so every time I visit I am newly awed by the vastness and power of it. This site does not disappoint.
Saturday and Sunday were clamming days. The beach was just filled with tiny specks, all people looking to get lucky and have razor clams for dinner.
I packed all sorts of crafty projects to get done while I was away. I barely touched them. Why does that always happen? It's like when I fly. I usually prepare a big bag full of distractions only to never open it. We ate the best meals while we were there. A couple of girls were assigned to each meal and had full responsibility for the making and cleaning up of it. Such a great idea, once your meal was done you were free with no guilt at watching someone else serve you! Most of the girls had food allergies as well so all our meals were gluten free and had dairy free options. Everything was just fantastic. A good lesson for a girl who eats anything and everything.
Our drive home was not so great. The mountain pass we have to cross shut down as we were on it. Every big rig in the state seemed to be right there putting on their chains. My poor dog. He was so scared. He sat on my friend Laura's lap for a couple of hours. And as you can see, a lap dog he is not. This provided for lots of giggling.
It took us almost twice as long to get home as it normally does. We made it though.
So I'll continue along with the paid advertisement for Seabrook here. No, just kidding. I should be though.
So if you are ever in the Pacific Northwest and want some stellar lodging you now know where to go!





















5 comments:
Love this...slightly envious that you've been to Seabrook THREE times...everything there really is beautiful and inspirational and lovely and restful! So glad you got to get away, in spite of the mountain pass drama.
Oh my! Looks like a dreamy trip! Everything is SO CUTE!
And I totally remember that haircut! The boys would put in so much hairspray that wave could really hurt you! :)
So glad you had a fun get away!
I would love to visit this side of the US...it looks like someplace I would absolutely love. That row of little houses is just near perfect. Glad you guys had a great trip and finally made it home.
Love your pictures!
I am from the PNW and will have to bookmark that really cute spot. Thanks for the tip. Your pictures are wonderful, and I too loved the one that your dad should paint. :)
Post a Comment