PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 2

The end of an era

Last weekend my family converged for one last hurrah in the college town where everything began..Fifteen years ago (oh my, but that is painful to write) my sister and I moved together to a sleepy little town to go to school. Three years later my parents followed us. For twelve years they have lived in the most darling little cottage. And can you believe that this is the longest they have ever lived in one house?

We made a lot of memories in that little house. My sister and I were just young college singles when they moved in. That house saw us dating our future husbands, college graduations, marriages, new jobs, babies, lots of babies, my parents becoming wonderful grandparents to those babies.

They are selling that little cottage now and we will most likely never go back to that little town. I am happy for them because they are moving to the beautiful town on the water where my sister and her family live. I know they will be happy there and I will have an excuse to visit the land of IKEA so much more often than before. But they will be six hours away now instead of just one and a half. That is a little sad. My little E even told me last night that it made him sad to think about it.

We did have a fun weekend though...

Sliders and homemade onion rings for dinner

A garage sale and an impromptu visit to the Farmer's market

Golf for the men

Shopping for the ladies

A pool birthday party for one of E's good buddies

Ribs and corn on the cob

Oh yes, and homemade cinnamon rolls

The kids getting to play at the park with their Daddies

Late night playing apples to apples in the yard with the grown ups

And a big pan full of brownies to make it even better

Yummy margaritas

Really, really good deals at Old Navy...shirts for mere pocket change

Watching the cousins play Pumpkin head

Here are some photos of our last weekend...

The cousins...

This train table kept them busy all weekend. A neighbor brought it over for the garage sale. Good thing it didn't sell.

The pumpkin head I scored for free at a garage sale...I just had visions of a decorated porch but the kids knew immediately what the best use of it was.

My sweet little nephew snuggled up with his Mama.

My pretty niece with her "baby".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's all kind of sad......BUT we will enjoy the 'change'....thanks for coming and helping with the yard sale.

Anonymous said...

So sad and so happy for each of you..... I know how hard change can be dear girl. I feel for you.
What fun you guys have! What a wonderful family to be a part of Court!! Lucky girl. And THAT is what we all know "IT" is all about.
Love you so! And so hoping to see you soon!
XOXO Minta

Unknown said...

Hello! Thanks so much for the sweeeet tip on my blog about the dishes from Fishs Eddy that I can get on the South Hill... I'll be stopping by there on my way home from work tonight. I'm glad you got to come to the store. Yes... it is a small world. Katie is actually the one who gave me the link to your blog. Your family looks so sweet. Thanks again for the tip! Hope to see you again sometime at the FC Store!

Chantel Monet said...

Oh, it was wonderful to visit your blog today! The song that played, your sweet new posts. You are very loveable, dear friend. Made me miss you! It's so hard to let go sometimes, but look at all the changes you've made over the past year and how much joy they have brought with them. Love you dearly!

Nicoly said...

Sweet post Sis...can't wait to have you over here more often. Also you should know that being with Mom here just makes me long for you to be here that much more. Love you, love your blog, love your pics, love your kids...love, love, love.

AlaskaLark said...

So sorry your mom and dad moved further away from you. At least they aren't back in Alaska. (which would be better for me. . .). That was a sweet little house they lived in, but your mom makes every house feel like home.