PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, September 17

{autumn}



Oh Autumn, you are lovely.
This morning my toes were so cold I had to haul out my down slippers.
Sweatshirts were donned by many and pumpkin spice flavoring was added to coffee.
You have been a tease.....ninety degree weather last week!

Lately, the fans are silent again at night. 
I can hear my crying children once again!
My house smells sweet with fall scented candles.

Working, working, working on a fallish line for my etsy shop.
Oh how fancy a line sounds...kind of like using "Autumn" instead of "Fall".
So I guess I should say Autumn line for my shop.
And drink my coffee with my pinky in the air!

Summer I fear you will reappear. 
My summer flowers are dying.
My heart has no more heart to water you lawn.
I want my Mums to display their autumn colors on my front porch!
Be gone wilted and dying summer front porch flowers!

Cinnamon scented pine cones...you temptress you..
you are calling my name from the craft store...screaming at me to come 
and buy you! Never mind the husband's surefire remarks about
buying things that fall off trees for free.

My sweaters, my lovely tummy hiding sweaters.
You are so close to coming out of your hibernation.
And boots with socks and sometimes without!
Your time is coming soon too! 

Lovely, lovely, lovely Autumn.
You are my favorite time of year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.......sounds divine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mum

Chelle said...

Here, here! Love your beautiful ode to Autumn...another thing we girls share... having it as our favourite season. xo

Chantel Monet said...

Super sweet. I love this post and all the autumnal pleasures it conjures up!