Suddenly that's what I feel like.
A soccer Mom I mean.
And not literally. No one is in soccer.
But someone is in ballet.
And someone else is in cross country.
We had a very spontaneous day today.
Last night I was visiting with my friend Chelle and she asked me if my little sweetie was doing ballet this year.
It was something we considered last year and put off because of bad timing.
Well, the school we wanted to enroll her in just started last week so I thought...I need to remember to call them tomorrow!
So I remembered. And they said why, yes. They have a spot for her
Thursday afternoons and she can start today!
So we hustled on down to the dance shop and a super helpful lady got her all set.
Cute leotard.
Cute tights.
Even cuter skirt.
And ballet shoes.
Oh, and three hair nets and bobby pins (for a proper bun you know!).
So she went and she loved it.
And in the meantime I went to pick up the second grader and he spontaneously told me that he wanted to join his best friend for cross country practice that started today.
(I think he was out healing from his injuries when they sent this note home!)
So I left him and raced back to get the little ballet student.
Suddenly rushing around like crazy....I know some of you do this everyday!
But we have been a pretty low key family up until now - I've never been the one to enroll my kids in everything. Probably due more to my laziness than my kids lack of interest!
So it starts. It is pretty fun to see the kids try new things...we'll see how cross country goes.
Not exactly sure that he knew a lot of running was involved.....
******
And today is my honey's birthday. We did our big bash last weekend so today is a little bit boring in the party it up department. But he got to golf all day (and not really work) and he even gets to have dinner at the golf course. I'm left with hardly a birthday job to do!
So Happy Birthday honey...we love you bunches and are so glad you were born!





2 comments:
What a daaaarling little ballerina! I love her hair in a bun...I shall put Ashtyn's up for her next ballet class and I'm even more motivated now to go get her a leotard etc... I did not know they did cross country in grade school - how fun! Can't wait to hear how his first practice went!
ADORABLE .....I love her in the ballet getup.....I hope that Eli likes to run.....such a trooper and with his injuries so fresh...hugs, Namma
Post a Comment