Today was my baby girl's first day of school.
The end of the stay home with Momma era.
Bittersweet.
But more sweet than bitter.
She was really excited but I think I was even more excited.
Excited to watch her grow and learn.
To make new girlfriends and have someone who actually does cool crafts with her.
This is her bag for pre-school. They give out these totes and let you decorate them.
I had great plans for decorating hers. Appliqued name, pretty flowers...we even went to the store to buy all sorts of buttons and patches and trim work. Then I remembered the load of supplies piled on my sewing desk at home. So we walked out of there with that pretty pin on flower.
Last night I pinned it on and my husband said "is that all you are doing?"
When my oldest hit pre-school he had a pretty blingy bag for a boy.
I told him I'd do more later.
Between cleaning my house for company and getting ready for our joint birthday bash this Saturday, applique and buttons and bows just didn't happen.
Then this morning I was inspired by my friend Amy who said she just colored in the picture on her son's bag. So I found a permanent pink marker and did a bit of coloring...and wrote her name in the name spot.
Boring and so lame Mom! (That's what I think) What she thought was that it was just perfect and she didn't want anything else done to her bag. See, she's very proud of it in this picture!
Here she is right before class...a little more timid but still brave and excited.
Her class is small, only eight. But a dear friend has her little boy in it as well.
And there is another little girl with her name! We've yet to run into another Addison until now. It was bound to happen though. Apparently the other Addison has always wanted to meet someone with her name.
Merry Christmas kid!
And here is my sweet little baby after class. So much more relaxed. So happy. What a big girl.
Sigh......





4 comments:
Great pictures of a beautiful girl. See you tomorrow, Papa
Ohhhhh sweet little Addison, I'm so proud of you. Hugs from Namma
What a beautiful girl! She looks so confident and ready for school.
And, Happy Birthday to you! When's the big bash? Can't wait for the pictures.
Enjoy your big day!
Sarah
This kind of made me teary-eyed, she is growing up so fast! And can I just say how much I love her fashion sense??
Post a Comment