So like a lot of you I'm totally into Pinterest.
Don't know what Pinterest is? Click on my little button that says Pinterest and it will take you to my boards.
Basically an online pinboard, it is a wonderland of inspiration.
And if you are anything like me, you pin way more than you do!
So taking inspiration from Rebekah's Make Something Mondays...I'm declaring Mondays around here a
Make Something {from Pinterest} Monday
So months ago, I pinned this scrappy map project.
(That will be way at the bottom of this post because I can't figure
out how to add text below it once I grab it from Pinterest...can anyone enlighten me on this?)
I didn't look at the tutorial but just used common sense to figure out how I wanted to do this.
So technically most of mine was made last Spring but it was just sitting around waiting for me to stitch around Alaska and Hawaii. Oh yeah, and add some hearts to all the states I've lived in.
I threw in my own take on it and embroidered the lyrics from "This Land is My Land".
And I didn't stitch around the states...that looked a bit too difficult considering mine is pretty small. I ended up stretching it onto a 10" x 10" canvas I had and hung it in my daughter's room.
As you can see from my hearts, my life has been lived in the Northwest corner of our
country and The Last Frontier ..... Alaska.
(That will be way at the bottom of this post because I can't figure
out how to add text below it once I grab it from Pinterest...can anyone enlighten me on this?)
I didn't look at the tutorial but just used common sense to figure out how I wanted to do this.
So technically most of mine was made last Spring but it was just sitting around waiting for me to stitch around Alaska and Hawaii. Oh yeah, and add some hearts to all the states I've lived in.
I threw in my own take on it and embroidered the lyrics from "This Land is My Land".
And I didn't stitch around the states...that looked a bit too difficult considering mine is pretty small. I ended up stretching it onto a 10" x 10" canvas I had and hung it in my daughter's room.
As you can see from my hearts, my life has been lived in the Northwest corner of our
country and The Last Frontier ..... Alaska.
Here is my inspiration shot...from a lovely and inspirational blog See Kate Sew.
She has a tutorial on her blog for her Scrap Map.
She has a tutorial on her blog for her Scrap Map.





5 comments:
You definitely didn't get your creative side from me....love it....Hugs, Mum
Oh Court, this turned out so amazing...and so excited about your weekly Make Something Monday posts...
I LOVE it! I love that you're doing this too. I vowed when I started Pinterest that I could only spend time on it if I actually DID stuff from it. So far I've done the front door mat, the painted jars and a few recipes...thanks so much for introducing me to Pinterest dear sister...it's certainly reinvigorated my creative side!
oh man this is so cute..... beyond beyond cute.
knocked it out of the park m'dear.
Oh gosh... This is so beautiful! You are the most amazing crafter ever. I can't wait to see it in person!
Post a Comment