{Anniversary Recap Instagram Style }
While we were out of town last week we took advantage of willing Grandparents and stole away for an overnight getaway in Seattle.
My sweet husband planned it all.
We took the ferry into downtown Seattle...it was raining pretty steadily and I am such a nervous nellie and hate driving in the rain.
We took a ferry in Seattle in our early courtship days and we remember feeling all lovey dovey.
This one wasn't quite as lovey dovey but still really fun and a peaceful way to get into downtown.
Well, we were a little lovey dovey I guess. We did sit on the same side of the booth.
The view coming into the city.
We went to the market right away. Because, come on - if you go to downtown Seattle you just have to go there. Even if it is pouring rain. You just go with it. And so apparently were the other throngs of people milling about. They were just going with it.
We ate our way pretty well through the market.
Jumbo breaded shrimp from this little Asian stand.
Chocolate filled croissants and a breve from Le Panier.
We tried to go to the original Starbucks but the crowd was in.sane.
I'm not going to wait for a cup of coffee I can get anywhere just because it is the original location!
We hit Anthropologie.
Took lots of crazy pictures in the pouring rain of pretty lights...
And then we checked into our sweet little boutique hotel up on the hill.
We had a late dinner reservation at the Space Needle!
I had never been before but Greg had been up to the Observation deck a few times as a kid.
This was the view right after we stepped out of the car.
Pretty amazing, isn't it?
We had an 8:30 reservation and it was bustling when we arrived. By the time we were finished though, it looked like this.
Did you know the restaurant rotates?
It's so cool!
It spins around once in about forty minutes so you can see the entire Seattle skyline.
Considerate aren't they?
One of our many views.
The view from the Observation deck which we were on for approximately 5.5 seconds because it was extremely wind, extremely rainy and extremely cold!
Dinner was delish but so, so pricey! Definitely a special occasion restaurant...and you are really paying for the fabulous atmosphere and view!
We also got free dessert so we both got the molten lava cakes.
So pretty.
I told Greg I kind of felt like I was in Sleepless in Seattle.
One of my all time favorite movies.
Even though it wasn't New York or the Empire State building....
it just felt so movieish...so magical and special.
Definitely comes out at the top of my best nights ever list!
This was taken after dinner when Greg was making me walk around late at night! In the city!
I was certain we were going to get mugged!
He assured me we were not.
Then we took a taxi - maybe my first taxi ride ever - back to our hotel where there was absolutely nothing decent on television so we watched old Seinfeld reruns.
It's a little strange but one thing I love about staying in hotels is getting to order a movie to watch in bed. Our hotel was nice but the fact that there were no movies to order - big negative for me!
It was so fun but so short. We both agreed that 24 hours is just not enough time.
The next day we ventured out in the pouring rain again where I proceeded to torture Greg by forcing him to try on jean after jean looking for that elusive perfect fit.
We ended our time in the city with the best "nachos" ever...
house made chips with blue cheese, bacon and chives!
So good!
It was memorable, magical, and wet from the downpour of rain we had the entire time.
A perfect Seattle experience!





4 comments:
looks like a great getaway! i'd love to see seattle sometime :)
Love your post.....I wonder where you'll go for your 20th? Mum
Magical--that's the only word I can think of to describe your getaway. It looks just magical. In spite of the rain, and no jeans for Greg, and spending Eli's college savings on dinner. ;-) The funniest story I've heard about the Space Needle restaurant was when a coworker took his pregnant wife there for their anniversary dinner. His words: "It is NOT a good idea to take a pregnant woman to a restaurant that spins. Her status quo is already 'I think I'm going to barf.'" Sad for them, but still makes me laugh!
it all sounds so romantic and the pictures are just perfect for the romantic look. Congrats and wish you a whole lifetime of sweetness. Dea
Post a Comment