PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 9

Thirty four things....


Thirty four things I'm thinking about today.


Because today I am thirty four.


1. I've been done with high school for sixteen years. That is truly scary to me.


2. I totally get the concept of feeling younger inside than outside.


3. I'm pretty sure high school students think I'm really old.


4. What am I going to order at Chaps today for lunch?


5. And more importantly what am I going to have for dessert from Cake?


6. I thought this was going to be a fun - "no work" day....so why is my Mother washing my
stairs?


7. I love my Dad...just got a Happy Birthday phone call.


8. Almost done reading "Mockingjay" - my sister kept telling me I had to read them. I've read all three in the last week..


9. My dentist called me an overachiever this week. I feel like such a fraud. He thinks I take meticulous care of my teeth. Fact is, I don't even floss. My teeth are not pretty but they seem to be naturally repellent to plague.


10. Thinking I may have shared too much.


11. Really trying to convince my friend that she needs to paint her front door a fun color. Blue? Orange? You can do it Amy!


12. Hoping I can hit Target today and buy A another pair of "rella" shoes. She barely takes her silver pair off and they are getting a little bit stinky.


13. Also hoping to hit The Farm Chicks store today with Mom. She's never been and I need to pick up a little something for another upcoming birthday.


14. Excited for a date with hubby. A movie? Drinks and dessert? I don't know? We could do anything!

15. Wondering and praying about doing the 2011 Farm Chicks show. I have until the end of October to decide....


16. Laughing about how running a few blocks the other night home from my SIL's house with my stinky dog was the most exercise I've had since my 1/2 marathon.


17. Needing to get back to the gym because strangers might start to think I'm expecting if I don't.


18. Loving my pretty new Bible I bought for myself last weekend. Wanting to get back into a regular reading of it...now do I go for random readings or a devotional or reading plan? Any suggestions?

19. Inspired by this lovely lady to read this book.


20. Feeling really happy and blessed by my family and sweet friends.


21. Enjoyed the feeling of fall so much last night: "Fall festival" candle burning, roasted chicken and mashed potatoes WITH gravy, clean house, cinnamon scented pine cones...oh, the coziness of it all!


22. Loving this new shirt. So soft and comfy...I want one in every color! (Even though hubby thought it looked old and worn out...humph..).


23. Inspired with a clean sewing table to tackle three different projects. Now I just need to make the time.


24. On that note, finally took my sewing machine in to get fixed. My oh my, never knew it would cost so much...


25. Because of our recent trip to the lake, my mind is abuzz of new projects to beautify the place. Curtains Paint furniture Some realistic, some not so.


26. Getting really excited to see one of my dearest friends in a few weeks. It has been three years..much too long. Can't wait to see our kids play together.


27. Thinking, thinking of ways to make my honey's birthday next week super special. (We are the same age by the way...but I have to hold the one week older thing over his head just a bit).


28. Really, really want to plant more mums....but not for me.


29. I just shamelessly decorated my own house for my birthday.


30. And I did the decorating with a darling birthday banner from this sweet friend. The polka dot bunting is from The Farm Chicks Store. It's so darn cute. Don't you want it?

32. Thought a lot about my sister Chelle in bed this morning. She would have been forty two today. I busted up her eighth birthday party by arriving early and we've shared a birthday ever since. So wish she was here to celebrate with us. Miss you Chelle.

33. Now I'm feeling a little melancholy..good thing I'm leaving in twenty minutes to stuff my face at Chaps.

34. Wow, I hit thirty four. That's a lot of numbers. I'm really thankful God has given me thirty four years here to enjoy my wonderful family and sweet friends. I'm realizing I've lived six years longer than my sister ever got to. And I feel pretty young still. Makes me want to appreciate every day I've been given.

And if you've read all of this...you are a really devoted friend or you are seriously ignoring your other responsibilities. (No judgment here...I do that every day!)

I'm off to enjoy a lovely, lovely birthday!


10 comments:

Laura J. said...

Had fun seeing you today! Happy Birthday and I'm going with devoted friend...so I feel good about myself...and cuz it's true!

Aminta said...

Happy Birthday! Ugh.... missing you so much.
XOXO, Minta
(And yes.... totally shirked others' needs with a hush and a finger to the mounth saying SHHHHH while I read this post, totally enamored, by the seriously darling you.)

Erin J said...

I read all the way through too and even though we're long distance friends now, I really like you! Happy birthday :)

Nikki said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Courtney! I hope your day and all your celebrations are fantastic!! I think it's awesome that you decorated your own house for your birthday--really truly, I do. :-) Who else is going to decorate for your birthday--your mom? No, she's washing your stairs! BTW, my dentist is always amazed at how clean my teeth are, and I floss about twice a year. I felt really guilty last time I had my teeth cleaned though, and I've started flossing more. By "more" I mean twice a week. ;-)

Coffee Is My Love Language said...

Happy Birthday Courtney! I really want to know what you had at Cake... tell me, please! I love that you decorated for your birthday. Hope it was a fantastic day for you!

Love, Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Something about your post made me a little teary! I think because I miss you so much, and it makes me think of all the fun birthdays we shared together. Even though I think we've lived apart longer than we've lived together by now, I still feel like we share so much. Please tell your mom hello from me. I'm thinking about your big sister today, too.

By the way, I, too, get the hygiene award at the dentist. I usually start flossing the week before I see him. I quit promptly after the visit.

I'll call you soon!

Love, Sarah

Nicoly said...

I love you, love your post and feel so privileged to be your big sister. Happy last few hours of your birthday. I'm glad it was so special!

kt said...

I most def read it all to the end.. and I'm going with devoted friend :)

loved your list and

I know I'm a little late but Happy Happy Birthday Courtney! It sounds like you had such a lovely time. Adore your birthday decorating!

Love you :)

Chelle said...

You are so adorable + beautiful. Loved reading your 34 things.And I am proud to say that of course I read this post to the end, and the one before and after it. ( hey it helps that my kids are in bed.)

Still cannot believe I didn't get to at least hug you on your brithday...( or get to eat cake from CAKE with you )...but we will make up for all of that later.

AlaskaLark said...

What a blessed life you lead! Happy belated birthday to you. Hugs!